Thread: Paint Can Tobacco

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Paint Can Tobacco

I've been smoking through a 100g can of HU Tobacco - Louisiana Broken over the course of several years now. I haven't jarred this one up after opening like I usually do with conventional square and round tins. And as I near the bottom it's still just as fresh as the day I opened it. I know a lot of guys don't trust these cans for fear their baccy will dry out. But I've had success with the ones I've had (HU and Reiner) and would love to see more brands package their tobacco this way.

Maybe it's an added cost but I would gladly pay a bit more. HU, Reiner, Peretti all come this way and they're not exactly bargain priced blends. But Comoy's of London does this as well and their blends are value priced.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I hear you, CD, but I'd rather that we didn't see any more packaging changes, especially from the UK/EU. They've caused enough delays already.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I used to smoke Reiner's VA flake that comes in the paint can. I have one of the cans here in the workshop and it does a great job of holding sheetrock screws.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    I have one of the cans here in the workshop and it does a great job of holding sheetrock screws.
    Yeah Russ- I bet you never need to re-hydrate them.
    Billy
    --------
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    I hear you, CD, but I'd rather that we didn't see any more packaging changes, especially from the UK/EU. They've caused enough delays already.
    Just my thoughts while puffing and I'm not up on the new regulations, I assume the packaging changes are for the warnings? Since they have to make changes to comply why not change the container that holds the vile weed as well.

Free the paint can container!, haha,

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPM View Post
    Yeah Russ- I bet you never need to re-hydrate them.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Just my thoughts while puffing and I'm not up on the new regulations, I assume the packaging changes are for the warnings? Since they have to make changes to comply why not change the container that holds the vile weed as well.

Free the paint can container!, haha,
    Yep, the warning labels are the culprits. I agree that the time to change the container is when they make the label changes. Many manufacturers agree with you too. That's why we're seeing round tins replacing the rectangular ones, but those changes are either already done or in the works.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks