Thread: New Labels on the Way!

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

New Labels on the Way!

OGS has been missing from the SP website for a while and the 50g tins are back but with a new label. The question as to why many blends are OOS concerned itself with the possibility of new labeling. I don't know if this is a Euro change or one ordered by the tobacco Nazis at the FDA here in the States. Here's the new labeling:

003-046-0005.1771.jpg
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Both I think?
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    Both I think?
    Could be, Jim.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I was really surprised to find my recent order of SG boxes to be free (for the most part) of the warnings. It was the first tobacco order I have made and received in the past few years. I was expecting more to be honest. There were more warnings and ugly pictures on a box of FV Plug I got from the UK several years ago but of course this wouldn't have US warnings.

Maybe the boxes are considered bulk and the new labeling only affects tins?? Either way, I like tin art and I'll miss it if they plaster warnings all over it. But if the tobacco is the same it really doesn't matter except it sucks that they can't find a way to warn us without ruining it. I wonder what big ugly picture is on the back of the Orlik tin?

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

While I hate to see the demise of tin art, I'm actually pleased to see the new packaging on American shores from at least one producer. Hopefully, we'll soon see more of those Brit blends that have been on hiatus lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Maybe the boxes are considered bulk and the new labeling only affects tins??
    No. It's required for all tobacco packaging. The FDA regs also require the labels for bulk packaging, but that requirement is currently postponed pending a court ruling. Producers aren't required to repackage anything that is already warehoused though. So, most likely, your SG boxes were packed prior to the changeover.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

We've had those ugly labels on our tobacco tins since 2003 or maybe a little earlier, I can't remember.
    The EU anti-tobacco mafia is getting desperate since the labels are growing in size.
    So far we've avoided the disgusting and tasteless photos of gangrened toes and foetuses in ashtrays, but for how long..?

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Dunstan Hillwell View Post
    The EU anti-tobacco mafia is getting desperate since the labels are growing in size.
    The anti-tobacco tactics have become very childish. They cannot fathom that an informed adult might still choose to enjoy tobacco.

"Hmm... Some people are still smoking. They must not have seen the warning label. Let's make it bigger!"

Then, there's the graphic imagery, which is only intended to shame smokers (especially, the sexual performance warnings). It just makes me angry.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    The anti-tobacco tactics have become very childish. They cannot fathom that an informed adult might still choose to enjoy tobacco.
    "Hmm... Some people are still smoking. They must not have seen the warning label. Let's make it bigger!"
    Then, there's the graphic imagery, which is only intended to shame smokers (especially, the sexual performance warnings). It just makes me angry.
    Tins from 2016 and 2017.

Idiot Labels.jpg

DW has the tasteless photos on her cigarette packs and the one, which infuriates me the most, is the one with the crying parents beside a child's coffin.
    Who gets the idea and who in his/her right mind, wants to pose for an extremely disgusting photo like that..?
    In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

Inviato dal mio ME371MG utilizzando Tapatalk