Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Taste in Plugs

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus1970 View Post
    Hello,

As Jim said, I can get you some on my next trip to Peter Heinrichs on the Friday (3 August) before I travel to the UK. If I can't get there due to a severe weather warning (I won't allow myself to be stranded due to cancelled trains etc) or because they don't have it in stock, I will bring my own sealed original package, a 250g block, which I hadn't planned to open any time soon anyway. It's been in the cellar for half a year or longer.

More generally, as you were asking, I always get my PH tobaccos in person from the place itself, as I travel there on each first Friday of the month, except when it collides with the nine pin bowling. I have never mail ordered from them, though it would be possible.

Best wishes
    Markus
    A grand gesture, Markus! That should keep corndog going for a few weeks!! LOL
    Last edited by plugugly; 07-19-2018 at 19:19.

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    I need a German speaking friend to translate how good they say this is.

It sure looks good, but there are no reviews...

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/...em-krater-plug

...and now it's on my most wanted list.
    Did I hear someone call my name?

I've just watched the first video so far, the second reviewer is extremely chatty going by reviews I have seen before, and I haven't got the patience to go through that one right now.

The first one is very positive, here's the gist:

First video

Perfect

Perfect look
    Neutral, natural smell when you sniff the plug
    Suitable for beginners, easy to cut
    Taste in smoking: medium strength, medium spice, medium sweetness
    Typical Virginia flavour with a little tickle from the Perique
    Delicious plug, warmly recommended

Best wishes
    Markus

Hello,

As Jim said, I can get you some on my next trip to Peter Heinrichs on the Friday (3 August) before I travel to the UK. If I can't get there due to a severe weather warning (I won't allow myself to be stranded due to cancelled trains etc) or because they don't have it in stock, I will bring my own sealed original package, a 250g block, which I hadn't planned to open any time soon anyway. It's been in the cellar for half a year or longer.

More generally, as you were asking, I always get my PH tobaccos in person from the place itself, as I travel there on each first Friday of the month, except when it collides with the nine pin bowling. I have never mail ordered from them, though it would be possible.

Edit:
    Here's the terms and conditions on the PH website. Shipping cost to the US is 29.50 Euros, but they don't ship tobacco there, at least it says so on the page. Unfortunately the text is in German: http://www.peterheinrichs.de/versand...ngsbedingungen

Best wishes
    Markus
    Very kind of you Markus but I wasn't asking for you to get me any. I was just curious to know if there were any places like Estervals that stocked it. Perhaps it was Chris that you were referring getting some for? I know he's wanting to try some. I would offer to send him a sample but two things keep me from doing so. Shipping costs and low stock in my cellar. That's the one tobacco I have that ain't going anywhere except in my cobs, haha.

But anyway, I was thinking of Estervals for placing a HU order next month. I'm dying to try that Krater Plug and need a few other HU blends. I thought perhaps they would have the PH blends as well but I don't see it listed there, which is why I inquired about where you EU fellows get your PH.

Edit...btw, PH does ship to the US.
    Last edited by Corndog; 07-19-2018 at 19:49.

Did I hear someone call my name?

I've just watched the first video so far, the second reviewer is extremely chatty going by reviews I have seen before, and I haven't got the patience to go through that one right now.

The first one is very positive, here's the gist:

First video

Perfect

Perfect look
    Neutral, natural smell when you sniff the plug
    Suitable for beginners, easy to cut
    Taste in smoking: medium strength, medium spice, medium sweetness
    Typical Virginia flavour with a little tickle from the Perique
    Delicious plug, warmly recommended

Best wishes
    Markus
    Thanks for that Markus.

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Very kind of you Markus but I wasn't asking for you to get me any. I was just curious to know if there were any places like Estervals that stocked it. Perhaps it was Chris that you were referring getting some for? I know he's wanting to try some. I would offer to send him a sample but two things keep me from doing so. Shipping costs and low stock in my cellar. That's the one tobacco I have that ain't going anywhere except in my cobs, haha.

But anyway, I was thinking of Estervals for placing a HU order next month. I'm dying to try that Krater Plug and need a few other HU blends. I thought perhaps they would have the PH blends as well but I don't see it listed there, which is why I inquired about where you EU fellows get your PH.

Edit...btw, PH does ship to the US.
    Corndog, thanks for thinking of me, but I've discovered that I can order directly from Peter Heinrichs.
    Last edited by plugugly; 07-19-2018 at 19:54.

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since

Hello,

I may well have mixed up who said what, same with novels, so I don't enjoy reading them :)

My offer still stands for whoever asks. Jim suggested I bring the Curly Block to him, and if someone is interested, no prob.

Best wishes
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Corndog, thanks for thinking of me, but I've discovered that I can order directly from Peter Heinrichs.
    Indeed.

I was hoping to find a place that stocks both HU and PH so I could save on the over the pond shipping fees. I need about another 500g of the Curly Block to feel good about my cellar there. I checked and to maximize the shipping charge I'd need to order at least 1 kilo. I might just do it eventually but for now - next month - I really need to stock up on a few HU blends. Now go get some of the Krater Plug and tell me how good it is.

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since

Indeed.

I was hoping to find a place that stocks both HU and PH so I could save on the over the pond shipping fees. I need about another 500g of the Curly Block to feel good about my cellar there. I checked and to maximize the shipping charge I'd need to order at least 1 kilo. I might just do it eventually but for now - next month - I really need to stock up on a few HU blends. Now go get some of the Krater Plug and tell me how good it is.
    Hello,

I think it's worth asking PH if they stock HU. I know that some of our group that meets there smoke it, and I seem to remember them saying they bought it there. Can't find it quickly on the website though, as the stupid search engine says HU is too short for a search term.

Best wishes
    Markus

Real Name
    Joe Millar
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Great thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123