Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Serious Question for the "Pipe Techies"

Real Name
    Ron
    Pipe smoker since
    unsure anymore

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

There are certainly different qualities of Vulcanite. It's seems back in the day before it was better developed that vulcanite really had it's share of poor qualities but, nowadays it has improved greatly.
    But, there are still lower quality Vulcanites out there which will turn green if you look at'em to hard while some I'd swear won't green at all. But, then I do tend to keep my pipes out of direct sunlight and away from extreme moisture and clean. But, if taken care of and that meaning keeping your stems Clean (good wiping off after each smoke and a pipe cleaner of course), dry, and out of direct sunlight for prolong periods of time they will last longer before getting the Irish creep.
    "JUST HONEST HANDMADE SMOKING PIPES"

http://rdpipes.briar.club/

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RP McMurphy View Post
    There are certainly different qualities of Vulcanite. It's seems back in the day before it was better developed that vulcanite really had it's share of poor qualities but, nowadays it has improved greatly.
    But, there are still lower quality Vulcanites out there which will turn green if you look at'em to hard while some I'd swear won't green at all. But, then I do tend to keep my pipes out of direct sunlight and away from extreme moisture and clean. But, if taken care of and that meaning keeping your stems Clean (good wiping off after each smoke and a pipe cleaner of course), dry, and out of direct sunlight for prolong periods of time they will last longer before getting the Irish creep.
    Thanks for that, Ron! Great to hear from you!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12