Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your pipe? August 2018

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hello,

Where's July gone all that suddenly?

We are getting a little relief today, as a decent cloud cover is keeping the temperature moderate. No rain in sight, though. I'm in the shed and now smoking Dunhill Ye Olde Signe with a few crumbs of Standard Mixture added, in a Peterson 313 standard system.

I checked two out of four hairdressers in our village this morning. One was crammed with pensioners, by the looks of it, and the other asked me to come back later as I had no appointment. I have a lot of patience as long as I don't have to wait too long, so I decided to move on to the supermarket for fruit, milk and biscuits. Afterwards I wanted to collect two pairs of jeans that I had ordered in the men's clothing shop in our village. First time I ever went there. They had got them, and they were the right size on paper, the same size and the same brand as the ones I was wearing, but they were much too tight round the waist. I tried on a pair two inches wider, on paper, and it fit. So I'm getting two new ones on Friday now, in that larger size. I "love" shopping for clothes as much as going to the hairdresser. My appointments with the dentist are almost a treat by comparison.

On the bright side, the toiletry bag is now ready for my trip, and I'll start packing the suitcase at the weekend, or at least will put all the stuff together thats supposed to go into it.

Best wishes
    Markus
    ...to the topTop

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfg View Post
    Afternoon all,GH Dark Flake Aromatic in a Briarworks Rhodesian.A warm one today,too warm
    Attachment 52480
    A Dark Bird’s Eye AND BriarWorks fan, eh? I like the cut of your jib, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Billy
    --------
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    ...to the topTop

Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Having arranged - and re-arranged - all the pictures on the Study walls, Toby and I now have re-possession!

He's in his Study bed and I'm smoking Escudo in an Ashton Sovereign LX:

Ashton Sovereign.jpg
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes
    ...to the topTop

Pipe smoker since

Originally Posted by oldpipe
    Good morning. Black Virginia in a P. Holtorp and coffee......outside.

A great-looking pipe, that Holtorp.
    I have a Holtorp on the to-get list from my pipe restoring pipe friend.
    Thank you Dunstan. Its the first Holtorp I've bought and it smokes very nicely. Its non traditional shape made me push the "buy" button.
    ​Tom
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

12 members Liked or found this post helpful.

A post-prandial bowl of 2013 GH&Co Bright CR Flake in a Loewe Haymarket-era "Military"

Military (2).jpg
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Steve
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Another morning, another bowl of HH ODF. This time in a Paul's Cayuga oom Paul. August already? I just took the snowblower off my tractor seems like.
    www.custompipestems.com pipe stems replaced, designed and modified
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Additional Greetings, Gentlemen! The deck crew is here and they're installing the railing. The sky is still overcast with fast moving low clouds and there's no rain yet, so I'll start the conduit digging after more pipe and coffee time and not before. Now smoking a bowl of HH Pure VA Flake in the Pete smooth billiard.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

11 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by allyby View Post
    Askwith Kake in a Larrysson.

Attachment 52476
    (Sorry, Ally and Thomas, The site seemed to obstruct me in submitting this report in the relevant thread at the appropriate time [gremlins/poltergeists - again???]) But such as it is here it is:

MEMORANDUM 1/8/1808. Post-chaise communique. From: Christopher Plugworthy, Commander RN and Special Observer Scotland, HMS “Jolly Rogered” moored at the Port of Leith. To: Maj. Gen. Thomas Rockbotham, C.O. King’s Own Tranent Rifles. Marked: Stage-1 Covert /Recipient’s Eyes Only/Destroy Upon Reading.

Sir, it is my pleasure to report to you the success of this combined services clandestine operation. As you know from the briefing, the target was a hostelry to the east of Embra. Its purpose was to disrupt, search and destroy the marauding haggi sequestered therein. In order not to foment rebellion, and better to blend in with the natives protecting the beasts, Sgt Alibi and myself donned appropriate disguises: he as a Turk and I as a South Seas Islander (please see supps. #1 and #2).

Sir, whilst I was distracting the local peasants by displaying to them to them what lay under the grass skirt; the sergeant cornered one of the beasts and, with a ferocity that I have never seen displayed on the training grounds, skewered it with his dirk. Out spewed its innards – “Warm, reekin’, rich”, as Mr Burns (himself of Dumfries) has rightly asserted. Upon these, like a rabid dog, did the Sgt feast himself.

Sir, At the point of exfiltration, A Lay-By, like a whirling dervish, did wield his sabre and did cut a bleeding swathe thro’ the mass of belligerents, allowing me to penetrate the cellar and secure a couple of firkins of the local tincture, uncouthly called Glenkinchie. Final exfiltration was assisted by the chaps of your own Tranent Sappers Divn.

Sir, I hope that you and your men will enjoy your firkin of said Genkinchie, mine own are swinging from the firkin yardarms. Moreover, in recognition of his sabre-work, I hope you will consider the transfer of Sgt Aliby to the Tranent Heavy Horse Brigade, where I believe he will excel’

Yr humble servant,

Cmr Pl’sworth RN, inshore sqdrns.

Suppl 1 Turkish Ally

turk.jpg

Suppl 2 Polynesian Pluggy:

polynesian.jpg

Now smoking a small amount of various mixed leftovers in an Orlik The 3/4 OZ

three quarter bent.jpg
    Last edited by plugugly; 08-01-2018 at 17:07.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Sorry, Ally and Thomas, The site did not seem to wish me to submit this report in the appropriate thread at the relevant time (gremlins/poltergeists???) But such as it is here it is:

MEMORANDUM 1/8/1808. Post-chaise communique. From: Christopher Plugworthy, Commander RN and Special Observer Scotland, HMS “Jolly Rogered” moored at the Port of Leith. To: Maj. Gen. Thomas Rockbotham, C.O. King’s Own Tranent Rifles. Marked: Stage-1 Covert /Recipient’s Eyes Only/Destroy Upon Reading.

Sir, it is my pleasure to report to you the success of this combined services clandestine operation. As you know from the briefing, the target was a hostelry to the east of Embra. Its purpose was to disrupt, search and destroy the marauding haggi sequestered therein. In order not to foment rebellion, and better to blend in with the natives protecting the beasts, Sgt Alibi and myself donned appropriate disguises: he as a Turk and I as a South Seas Islander (please see supps. #1 and #2).

Sir, whilst I was distracting the local peasants by displaying to them to them what lay under the grass skirt; the sergeant cornered one of the beasts and, with a ferocity that I have never seen displayed on the training grounds, skewered it with his dirk. Out spewed its innards – “Warm, reekin’, rich”, as Mr Burns (himself of Dumfries) has rightly asserted. Upon these, like a rabid dog, did the Sgt feast himself.

Sir, At the point of exfiltration, A Lay-By, like a whirling dervish, did wield his sabre and did cut a bleeding swathe thro’ the mass of belligerents, allowing me to penetrate the cellar and secure a couple of firkins of the local tincture, uncouthly called Glenkinchie. Final exfiltration was assisted by the chaps of your own Tranent Sappers Divn.

Sir, I hope that you and your men will enjoy your firkin of said Genkinchie, mine own are swinging from the firkin yardarms. Moreover, in recognition of his sabre-work, I hope you will consider the transfer of Sgt Aliby to the Tranent Heavy Horse Brigade, where I believe he will excel’

Yr humble servant,

Cmr Pl’sworth RN, inshore sqdrns.

Suppl 1 Turkish Ally

turk.jpg

Suppl 2 Polynesian Pluggy:

polynesian.jpg

Now smoking a small amount of various mixed leftovers in an Orlik The 3/4 OZ

three quarter bent.jpg
    Great stuff Chris, can't stop laughing.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

Dunhill Flake in a Northern Briars.

Northern Briars Canadian.JPG
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast