Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Tabaco S.N. (Sentimiento Nacional) Attn. Scottishgaucho

  1. #1
    PSU Owner dmcmtk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NY, US
    Real Name
    Dave
    Posts
    9,127


    8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Tabaco S.N. (Sentimiento Nacional) Attn. Scottishgaucho

    Crawford, ever heard about this blender,

    http://www.tabacosn.com.ar/

  2. #2
    PSU Member Scottishgaucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Provincia de Buenos Aires
    Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972
    Posts
    2,678


    8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Yes Dave I have although I've not tried it. The price put me off to be honest as here it costs around the same price as SG blends. It's available to order online and can be bought in Buenos Aires at a couple of places. I just haven't been attracted to it enough to buy it especially as the Sayri twist is a hell of a lot cheaper and more my taste. The SN blends from what I've seen are mostly aromatics and the non aromatics have latakia in them which put me right off.

    You're the second member to have asked me about them on here...think it was corndog who asked me last week. Are they advertising in the US?

  3. #3
    PSU Owner dmcmtk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NY, US
    Real Name
    Dave
    Posts
    9,127


    7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    Yes Dave I have although I've not tried it. The price put me off to be honest as here it costs around the same price as SG blends. It's available to order online and can be bought in Buenos Aires at a couple of places. I just haven't been attracted to it enough to buy it especially as the Sayri twist is a hell of a lot cheaper and more my taste. The SN blends from what I've seen are mostly aromatics and the non aromatics have latakia in them which put me right off.

    You're the second member to have asked me about them on here...think it was corndog who asked me last week. Are they advertising in the US?
    No, I saw it mentioned on another forum.

  4. #4
    PSU Member Scottishgaucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Provincia de Buenos Aires
    Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972
    Posts
    2,678


    9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    No, I saw it mentioned on another forum.
    I don't like the way they operate to be honest. They're far too political for my liking and love to bang their own drum. I'd be surprised if their product is as good as they make it out to be especially for the price they charge. I could be wrong.

  5. #5


    6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    You're the second member to have asked me about them on here...think it was corndog who asked me last week. Are they advertising in the US?
    Nope, wasn't me. At least I don't remember it if it was.

  6. #6
    PSU Member Scottishgaucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Provincia de Buenos Aires
    Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972
    Posts
    2,678


    6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Nope, wasn't me. At least I don't remember it if it was.
    Whoever it was my reply was probably diplomatic to say the least. SN are just a bunch of moaners in my opinion. They can't hack having to compete with the increasing amount of imported blends now available here.

  7. #7


    8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    Whoever it was my reply was probably diplomatic to say the least. SN are just a bunch of moaners in my opinion. They can't hack having to compete with the increasing amount of imported blends now available here.
    Haha, it's all good. I do remember reading about them and I blame it all on Jimmy Inks because he reviewed them. But it wasn't me who asked, as soon as I saw it was available only from them and not here in the states I lost what little interest I had in getting any. There's only one place I'm interested in buying from abroad and last time I checked Germany wasn't located in South America.

  8. #8
    PSU Member Scottishgaucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Provincia de Buenos Aires
    Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972
    Posts
    2,678


    6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    There's only one place I'm interested in buying from abroad and last time I checked Germany wasn't located in South America.

  9. #9
    PSU Member JimInks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    At a nearby bakery sampling their goodies.
    Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since
    1974
    Posts
    15,879


    5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Haha, it's all good. I do remember reading about them and I blame it all on Jimmy Inks because he reviewed them. But it wasn't me who asked, as soon as I saw it was available only from them and not here in the states I lost what little interest I had in getting any. There's only one place I'm interested in buying from abroad and last time I checked Germany wasn't located in South America.
    I did review nine of the blends, and thought all of them were high quality, some better than others, as to be expected. There are posted at TobaccoReviews.com. The guy who runs this small company appears to be very dedicated to tobacco, and judging by the exchange of e-mails, he seems like a nice guy to me.

  10. #10
    PSU Member Scottishgaucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Provincia de Buenos Aires
    Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972
    Posts
    2,678


    5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimInks View Post
    I did review nine of the blends, and thought all of them were high quality, some better than others, as to be expected. There are posted at TobaccoReviews.com. The guy who runs this small company appears to be very dedicated to tobacco, and judging by the exchange of e-mails, he seems like a nice guy to me.
    Good to know.

    My main concern was price v quality Jim. Having sampled a few blends of another well known Argentine OTC pipe tobacco which weren't all that good I was wary of paying thrice the price for the SN product. I may give it a go however when a pouch of SG FVF can be had for much less cost it's kind of hard to part with the cash. As I said before best try and get hold of some samples first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •