Thread: Strange looking pipes on the Bay

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Strange looking pipes on the Bay

Good evening gentlemen. Has anyone noticed the 2 pipes listed on the bay they are marked P M on the stem and look like someone started to make a pipe and couldn't finish it. the thing is according to one seller they were bought from a rich pipe collector's estate. Sure we are all rich collectors. LOL But the thing is I was looking at some of Bo Nord's Ramses. now right after I was on the bay and c ame across a seller called Rejoice and she was selling 2 pipes that looked like the ones mentioned earlier but one looked like maybe Ramses was on the mind of whoever was making this one pipe but the saw cuts are still visible on the ones I bought when I get off my lazy arse I will take some pipcs and then everone can have a look.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Joe, I found the pipes that you're referencing. I also found another with the same stem logo...

I'm sorry to say that it's marked with a French COM stamp...

So, no hidden Bo Nordh treasures to be found today.

Also, I was looking through the rest of that sellers pipes... If they truly did come from a wealthy collector's estate, then it's obvious that he did not focus on investing in pipes.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hi Anthony I was thinking more Piere Morel Snr.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by craigmilllar View Post
    Hi Anthony I was thinking more Piere Morel Snr.
    My bad, Joe. I misunderstood.

The styles certainly seems to fit either Morel Sr. or Jr., but beyond that I'm no help.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Herb Craven
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

No idea who made that pipe, but whoever owned it loved it within inches of its life. Looks like the button was chewed clean off. It would take someone with a bigger heart than mine to love it enough to rehabilitate it.
    Herb

Proud member of the Walrus Club

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Not the Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by HCraven View Post
    No idea who made that pipe, but whoever owned it loved it within inches of its life. Looks like the button was chewed clean off. It would take someone with a bigger heart than mine to love it enough to rehabilitate it.
    Herb the other 2 which I have are unsmoked I am going to post some pics of themWIN_20180713_11_10_02_Pro (4).jpgWIN_20180713_11_10_02_Pro (4).jpg screwed up this is me about fully recovered.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by craigmilllar View Post
    Herb the other 2 which I have are unsmoked I am going to post some pics of themWIN_20180713_11_10_02_Pro (4).jpgWIN_20180713_11_10_02_Pro (4).jpg screwed up this is me about fully recovered.
    Looking good there, Joe. I read that you're smoking the pipes again. Best wishes on the continuing recovery.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.