Thread: The Tale of Two Tails

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

The Tale of Two Tails

I figured rather than clog up the WIYP thread with my hair raising kitty cat adventures I'd start a new thread.

So....last evening Momma cat (we call her Grey) came up on the deck and parked herself on the railing looking in the window. We set out some food like we always do but she wasn't too interested in eating. Instead, she was meowing at the window as if she sensed the two kittens were inside, which they were. Long story, short version is we decided it best to set the box with the two little ones on the deck for a happy reunion.

Before that we had gotten the two little kittens to eat some softened with warm water kitty kibble. Now, back out and on the deck they ate along side Grey from the food bowl and they also nursed a short bit. It wasn't long after Grey coaxed one down the stairs and into the back yard. The other stayed behind, I think he was a bit scared of the stairs. So we set him up with a comfy spot for the night and retired for the evening.

This morning he's gone from the deck and the wife spotted three kittens down below and near the car in the driveway. Now my wife says she saw five little ones out back before yesterday's adventures. At this point we're unsure if they're all there and hiding, or if perhaps one or two didn't make it home from the trip. I fear the latter.

At this point we're undecided on what to do and what's best for the kitties. We're not planning on going anywhere in the car today but tomorrow morning it's definitely has to be moved to take my son to his doctor's appointment. At that point if I don't see all the kitties I plan on using a garden hose to spray the underside of the car before I move it.

I'm up for suggestions here, haha. We'd really like to keep one or two in the house but we're not so sure the landlord would feel the same way.

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

The tail of two tails becomes three...

So the two from yesterday were back hiding in the under carriage of the car along with a third sibling. I got the garden hose out and flushed 'em out. As much as I hated to drown them out the alternative would have been worse. Which is what we now believe to be in the case of the missing two.

Anyway, the two grey ones which we took in yesterday are already eating again and the third, well, let's just say she's a pissy little one, haha. Not sure what we're going to do with all of them but I'm not going to send them back to their hiding spot in my car, I don't need that stress every time I go somewhere, heh. We can possibly keep one or two but we'll have to run it by the landlord first. The wife, with her sweet voice, is going to call him later after he gets out of church. And no matter what, we're taking them to the vet tomorrow so he can look 'em over.

Real Name
    Thomas

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    The tail of two tails becomes three...

So the two from yesterday were back hiding in the under carriage of the car along with a third sibling. I got the garden hose out and flushed 'em out. As much as I hated to drown them out the alternative would have been worse. Which is what we now believe to be in the case of the missing two.

Anyway, the two grey ones which we took in yesterday are already eating again and the third, well, let's just say she's a pissy little one, haha. Not sure what we're going to do with all of them but I'm not going to send them back to their hiding spot in my car, I don't need that stress every time I go somewhere, heh. We can possibly keep one or two but we'll have to run it by the landlord first. The wife, with her sweet voice, is going to call him later after he gets out of church. And no matter what, we're taking them to the vet tomorrow so he can look 'em over.
    Songs will be sung about The Quandary of the Kitties. Good show on the vet!
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

The landlord wants no part of cats in the house so we're back to square one. I don't really understand why because he agreed to let the downstairs neighbors have a dog. Something along the lines of cats are worse. So, tomorrow morning after my son's doctor's visit we'll head to the vet with the kittens and get them checked over. And hopefully he can help us find them a nice home. In the meantime the kitty's have all settled in, seem comfortable, and all three have eaten softened kitty kibble.

Btw, the landlord is no landlord in the real sense of the word. He's more like a moneylord. He doesn't care about the land, just the money he can make from it, so I was surprised he turned down our offer to pay a bit more for the rent to house a kitty.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    The landlord wants no part of cats in the house so we're back to square one. I don't really understand why because he agreed to let the downstairs neighbors have a dog. Something along the lines of cats are worse. So, tomorrow morning after my son's doctor's visit we'll head to the vet with the kittens and get them checked over. And hopefully he can help us find them a nice home. In the meantime the kitty's have all settled in, seem comfortable, and all three have eaten softened kitty kibble.

Btw, the landlord is no landlord in the real sense of the word. He's more like a moneylord. He doesn't care about the land, just the money he can make from it, so I was surprised he turned down our offer to pay a bit more for the rent to house a kitty.
    That's pretty crummy of the guy, Corndog. And, of course, if the other folks can have a dog, you should be allowed to have a couple of cats! He must hate them for whatever reason. The couple that rents the other side of the duplex used to have a small dog and, at one point, we had a couple of cats. We won't rent a place if we can't bring our cat.
    Last edited by coalsmoke; 08-12-2018 at 22:19.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

To be fair, the downstairs neighbors never actually got the dog. But it was their choice and not the landlord's. The landlord called us and asked how we would be with it before hand and told us if they did get it that they'd be paying an extra deposit and an increase in their rent. I told him we didn't have a problem with them getting a dog and that was that, they never got it, and we just assumed it didn't work out for them and probably because they didn't want to pay extra. Truth is, I'm glad. Not because of the dog, but the owners. I just don't think would be good pet owners.

The kitties had a peaceful night here. Now they've all had breakfast, I'm really glad to see them all eating the kibble, and pooped, haha. Soon, we'll be taking them to the vet and hoping to find them a proper home. I gotta say though, the little buggers have touched me heart and I'm gonna miss 'em.

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I think we found the kitties a good home and I might have pissed off the moneylord in the process, so Russ may not be the only one moving soon, haha.

The wife's sister thinks she knows a gal that will take them. She's a cat person and lives in the country so it's looking good there. So I called the moneylord just to let him know we still have them and it might be a day or two before they leave. He's was good with that, but then proceeded to tell me how the downstairs neighbors had complained about the cat's getting in the trash. I politely told him it wasn't the cats but the fact is the way the neighbors throw out their garbage, most times not even placed inside the trash can much less inside a bag. Well, the conversation went downhill fast and he either hung up on me or we got disconnected.

All I know is I'm getting really sick of the crap that goes on here and if I was still drinking things could and probably would get even worse. I'll shut up now.

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

We won't rent a place if we can't bring our cat.
    Exactly. When DW and I sold our old flat and were looking for a place to rent, this was the only condition, we had.
    We found a really great place, where the the residents are allowed one pet. Our old cat took leave of us in October 2015 and as DW and I made the decision many years ago, that we didn't want a life without a cat in it, we went to a cat shelter to get a grown-up indor cat.
    They only had two, they came from the same home and were best friends and as you do not separate friends, we threw caution to the wind and took them both. Furthermore, it was mutual love at first stroking and chin-scratching.

the little buggers have touched me heart...
    Cats do that to you and I'm so happy that you succeeded in finding the little dears a new good home.
    A great thing that it's at a cat person; the kittens seem to be about 5 weeks old and that's too young to start life on their own.
    They need to be educated by their mother how to be proper cats; therefore it's not a good idea to separate kittens and mother cat until the kittens are twelve weeks old. So hopefully the little dears will get a foster mother at their new home.
    In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)