Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Everyones Favorite Pipe Brand?

Real Name
    Ty

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    Favorite pipe brand? That's a tough question to answer. It's like asking a parent to pick their favorite child.

I collect Wally Frank pipes, but since their pipes were actually made by a variety of different manufacturers, I think they really qualify as more of a marquee than a brand.

The truth is that I favor varying aspects of a lot of different brands; Barling's impeccable early silver work, Stanwell's iconic shape designs, Dr. Grabow's workhorse reliability, Dunhill's stem design and engineering, Ser Jacopo's innovative rustic finishes and on and on and on...

So, what types of pipes are you into these days, Ty?
    I smoke Dagner Pipes. They are pretty well known but they are just a family that hand make their pipes from scratch. They have an Instagram and answer my questions and comments all the time its super personable and the quality of the pipes are outstanding.

Real Name
    Ty

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Hey Tyb! I have no particular favourites - very catholic taste in briars - but would be super keen to hear about yours. We love pics here, so why not post some? Tell ya what, "you show us yours and I'll show ya mine!" LOL
    I've been quite busy with work and other grown up things so they say, so I apologize for not responding to this thread as quickly, I will post a picture of my daily smoker soon so stay tuned thanks!

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungBriar View Post
    I smoke Dagner Pipes. They are pretty well known but they are just a family that hand make their pipes from scratch. They have an Instagram and answer my questions and comments all the time its super personable and the quality of the pipes are outstanding.
    Gorrennypics, Tyb?

Real Name
    Ty

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of aficionados of old pipes around here. So, many of the brands that you see mentioned may no longer exist or at least may not exist as they once were.
    Ok, thank you for the advice. Ill be floating around the forum alot, I dont go out much like most 23 year olds should so this forum is my go to when I have free time. With that being said please always feel free to tell me things I do not know!

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

Ok, thank you for the advice. Ill be floating around the forum alot, I dont go out much like most 23 year olds should so this forum is my go to when I have free time. With that being said please always feel free to tell me things I do not know!
    Oh good. Do you live on your own, Tyb?

Real Name
    Dave

Ty, a great site for information on old pipr brands, and also other content.

https://pipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I'm very familiar with the Dagner's, Ty. However, their pipes are not hand made from scratch. The pipes are actually factory made in Italy. The Dagner's give design input, but that's is all.

That said, their involvement with their customers and the pipe community as a whole is excellent.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

I'm very familiar with the Dagner's, Ty. However, their pipes are not hand made from scratch. The pipes are actually factory made in Italy. The Dagner's give design input, but that's is all.

That said, their involvement with their customers and the pipe community as a whole is excellent.
    Anthony, I would love to see pics of Tyb's Dagners, as I'm sure would many other members.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Interesting, I will have to look the brand up and get an idea of price and quality. If it is as good as you all say it may be worth looking into!
    Here's a link to more info, Ty...

https://pipedia.org/wiki/BBB
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Anthony, I would love to see pics of Tyb's Dagners, as I'm sure would many other members.
    There you go making me self-moderate again.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast