Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introspection

Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Sorry for this one, Guys; it did trouble me a bit but, under the influence of a couple of bottles of wine, I got a bit maudlin.

Thanks for your comments - (not you, Chris - we have a different understanding).
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Sonny
    Pipe smoker since
    Since 2016

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    Sorry for this one, Guys; it did trouble me a bit but, under the influence of a couple of bottles of wine, I got a bit maudlin.

Thanks for your comments - (not you, Chris - we have a different understanding).
    Never apologize for the truth as you see it...It was a fair topic. I agree about the left/right thing...our world is slowly starting to divide into this "Us vs Them" mentality. It is in our politics, our religions, our ideas, even day to day things like TV shows and New are dividing into mutually exclusive camps of thought. "You are either with us or against us" is becoming the norm instead of the rarity.

At times I looked back at the time that I spent defending our Country, and to see what is happening today makes me sad...but then I realize that it is not the original ideas that are wrong, it is other's Black and White interpretations of them. They are the ones that are trying to tear the world apart...and we are stuck in the middle just trying to hold on.
    Take care and check six!

McGyver

"If it ain't broke, you haven't tried hard enough yet"

Pipe Smoking - The next Extreme Sport - Where else can you take something that can cost almost as much as a car, fill it with combustible material, and light it on fire...for enjoyment!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12