Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125
Results 1,241 to 1,243 of 1243

Thread: What Is In Your Pipe? - October 2018.

Real Name
    Thomas

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

music-soul_music-review-calloway-franklin-instrument-awhn410_low.jpg

A little something for Chris. New Avatar?

IMG_3896.JPG

Kendal Cream/HH ODF in a Bjarne bulldog.
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

At a nearby bakery sampling their goodies.
    Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Enjoyed a wonderful beef pasta lunch with a big slice of pie for dessert. Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hood Canal in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog with a black vulcanite stem and p-lip. A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hello,

Started the weekend in the shed in the early evening today, as every Friday, except I now have nine days off work ahead of me, or just two. Taught the single scheduled lesson to a largely unmotivated class (close to their final exams, English certificates already dealt with, and it was the last 90 minutes before their and my autumn holidays). So we mixed some info on the layout of business letters and useful phrases to be used in them, with a casual chat, and afterwards I pushed some paper on my desk back and forth to make it look more tidy. Then I went to the shopping centre near the work place and had applestrudel with vanilla ice and a cup of coffee.

I'm smoking the last but one bowl of the spiced up Work in Progress mix, determined to get to the bottom of the jar today, so that I can start a new mix tomorrow. It will likely be based on G&H Brown Flake and include Black and Brown Twist, Perique, Latakia and Kentucky, my by now tried and tested recipe for an all day blend that I can't seem to tire of. The funny thing is that these components, from various brands, have made up the bulk of my cellar for several years now, but I have only recently hit on this combination of them.

I'm using my second ever pipe, a lowly, slightly bent pot just stamped Mare, and the mix works as well in it as in the more reputable pipes that I own.

Best wishes
    Markus