Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lane “ Formula “ old stash

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Montana is fine place to live and smoking good pipe and tobacco while river runs trough it hehe.
    My wife and I made decision some time ago , left good jobs and left the daily grind in big city.
    I would do that any day of my life ! We love it here.
    We might miss daily fun life of city some days but at the end of the day we are here tighter and that is what counts.
    If you ever coming this way we need to meet or you are welcome stay here while visiting.

Les

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thank you so much fir having me here.
    After some good sniff of the old formula , the first note I can smell is some cinnamon , it has stronger aroma towrds cinamon.
    I hope I can learn bit better to small more smaller parts of tobaccos.
    I did smoked the other day out of beautiful danish wooden pipe and it was very pleasant in the way that was not to strong , towards mild side but I did not taste or smell any sweet tones , more natural.
    I wish I could explain it better haha. Still for 15$ for 16oz jar of old gold hehe , it was not bad
    I collect and cellar French wines and CA, OR,WA and some S America and love the idea of hold on to it and open later.
    It might be same as with wines, you just never know , it could be past time of drinking ( taste of open cork or vinaiger taste ) or in most case just perfect !
    I hope I am right with old tobacco in same way ages !

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Korcala View Post
    You are absolutely correct, Les. Most tobacco will develop with age in a manner that is similar to wine as long as it's kept sealed in an air tight container until it's ready to be smoked. In fact, as a wine lover, I expect that you'll have a lot of fun with that aspect of pipe tobacco. Experiment with a lot of different types of tobacco (burley, Virginia, Perique, Latakia, etc.) to learn how they each influence the blend. Once you've stretched your palate a bit, you'll be better able to appreciate the difference that a bit of age can bring.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thank you so much fir having me here.
    After some good sniff of the old formula , the first note I can smell is some cinnamon , it has stronger aroma towrds cinamon.
    I hope I can learn bit better to small more smaller parts of tobaccos.
    I did smoked the other day out of beautiful danish wooden pipe and it was very pleasant in the way that was not to strong , towards mild side but I did not taste or smell any sweet tones , more natural.
    I wish I could explain it better haha. Still for 15$ for 16oz jar of old gold hehe , it was not bad
    I collect and cellar French wines and CA, OR,WA and some S America and love the idea of hold on to it and open later.
    It might be same as with wines, you just never know , it could be past time of drinking ( taste of open cork or vinaiger taste ) or in most case just perfect !
    Les, you might be interested in the "Wine" thread, started by Jimbo44 some time ago - it's under the "General Discussion" heading.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Would u suggest just start smoking thsimold tobacco , there is no reason to age anymore haha 🤣😎

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Excellent , thanks for great notes and tips.
    I do like the sweet notes of some tobaccos but I know that I need to try others just like wines to find the sweet spot and and go from there.
    There are times where I sit on the bank of the river and wait fir big wild trout to show up and start feeding on the surface of the water and it’s perfect time to slow down and relax and watch them , it’s time to smoke some and enjoy the bound with nature !
    I love those moments !
    Best wishes from Montana

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Would u suggest just start smoking thsimold tobacco , there is no reason to age anymore haha 藍
    Yeah, go ahead and smoke it up. It's not going to get much better than it is now. If it's an aromatic blend, the benefits of aging will be less apparent anyway. The process used to infuse and preserve the flavorings tends to interfere with the development over time.

Here are a couple of links to some pipe tobacco information that you may find useful...

http://pipe-club.com/tobacco_aging_faq/eng/aging.php

https://www.glpease.com/FAQ.html
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

There are times where I sit on the bank of the river and wait fir big wild trout to show up and start feeding on the surface of the water and it’s perfect time to slow down and relax and watch them , it’s time to smoke some and enjoy the bound with nature !
    I love those moments !
    Best wishes from Montana
    Back atcha from Virginia, Les! That sounds perfect. I love those moments too.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS

Love that first link , thank you
    Very informative. Looks like sweet spot firvaging is somhere in first 12-24 months but as they mentioned any aromatics orientals will not age or change much in flavor. It sounded like will be waste of money or time to cellar them.
    Glad I read it, so many great ?? And awnsers
    Thank you,

Real Name
    Dave

Ok, I was having a browse about something unrelated, and came across this,

https://www.uptowns.com/product/dunh...z-bag-limited/

Is it the same tobacco as the OP...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast