Thread: Hurricane Florence

Real Name
    Ty

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hurricane Florence

Hello everyone, I thought I would post a little post for anyone who has wondered where I have been. I am sorry for the absence, as I always love to contribute to this forum and I probably have missed so much! Long story short, I live in Wilmington NC and I lost my apartment during the storm. A tree fell through the top floor (3rd) and I was on the first. Me and a neighbor got the guy out because he was older, and put him in a vacant apartment that was open. The apartment complex gave us the green light on that. So, eventually water came through to my apartment and flooded us out so we did the same and moved to another apartment for shelter. The apartment complex, when they eventually came back, actually let us stay here so we are just a door down from our old apartment and its a lot nicer. So no worries and no complaints. Saved my pipes and when the storm was over i dropped 40$ in different flavors at the local pipe shop to make up for the time I couldn't smoke! This town got destroyed but we have since done well in rebuilding. I send my prayers to Florida at the moment.

All in all me and my fiance are still alive and came out better than a lot of folks so, I cant complain. Thank you for everyone who sent prayers this way during all that, and I am back!

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that you and your fiance are okay.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Glad to see you back, Ty. I was just thinking about you the other day. I'm terribly sorry for your trouble with Flo, but I'm glad that it appears to have worked out well in the end. I hope you didn't lose much to the water. We were prepped for Flo here in southern Virginia, but nothing really ever came of it.

On the flipside, Michael had much more impact here than I think any of us expected. Certainly, I didn't think it would amount to much. We didn't get it like the Florida panhandle did, but it was bad enough. 70 mph winds and major flooding, which led to one of the strangest things I've ever seen...

That is a set of very old, wooden train tracks floating down the middle of downtown main street. They had spanned the river before the flood waters took them. Then, they just decided to do some site-seeing around town.

I just got my workshop set back onto its feet yesterday after it decided to lay down for a nap during the storm.

So, you and I both can count our blessings, I believe.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Ty

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    Glad to see you back, Ty. I was just thinking about you the other day. I'm terribly sorry for your trouble with Flo, but I'm glad that it appears to have worked out well in the end. I hope you didn't lose much to the water. We were prepped for Flo here in southern Virginia, but nothing really ever came of it.

On the flipside, Michael had much more impact here than I think any of us expected. Certainly, I didn't think it would amount to much. We didn't get it like the Florida panhandle did, but it was bad enough. 70 mph winds and major flooding, which led to one of the strangest things I've ever seen...

That is a set of very old, wooden train tracks floating down the middle of downtown main street. They had spanned the river before the flood waters took them. Then, they just decided to do some site-seeing around town.

I just got my workshop set back onto its feet yesterday after it decided to lay down for a nap during the storm.

So, you and I both can count our blessings, I believe.
    I agree. I was out of work for a while, and pretty bummed out about that. Some water got into our building and the kitchen needed to be completely cleaned and sanitized just incase there was any lingering mold spores. Me being one of the chefs meant I was out of work! I am back not though and very grateful for how everything played out. We are polishing some financial aspects and should be back to normal shortly. I also managed to save all of our collections. We have a pretty nice Disney collection and I have a nice display of Star Wars Collector Series action figures that made it out ok! If anyone ever wants to see any of that, I know you all like pictures so, might make for a good discussion.

Well, Im off for the night but I will be back around 3pm my time tomorrow. Glad to see everyones still here.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungBriar View Post
    We have a pretty nice Disney collection and I have a nice display of Star Wars Collector Series action figures that made it out ok! If anyone ever wants to see any of that, I know you all like pictures so, might make for a good discussion.
    When I was growing up, I wanted to be either a comic book artist or a Disney animator and I still want to be a Sith Lord. So, YES! Show those pics, man!
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Anton

Very glad you're all ok!
    Tobacco is my favourite vegetable - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by AntonB View Post
    Very glad you're all ok!
    Me too !

Real Name
    Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    When I was growing up, I wanted to be either a comic book artist or a Disney animator and I still want to be a Sith Lord. So, YES! Show those pics, man!
    I draw alot so I feel you man!

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Great to hear you guys survived the storms hope all turns out well for you.