Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Vintage "Warsson" Briar Estate Smoking Pipe

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    whereas I have 100 (+3) pipes, and could easily manage with just a few.
    She's quite correct....I do.

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    She's quite correct....I do.
    Right then, that's your card marked, Ya Bass!!

Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

And she'd say that they constitute just one set of very necessary curtains (and don't I appreciate her making the house nice!!), whereas I have 100 (+3) pipes, and could easily manage with just a few.

J M Barrie:

Once a man marries, his eyes are opened to many things that he was quite unaware of previously, among them being the delight of adding an article of furniture to the drawing-room every month, and having a bedroom in pink and gold, the door of which is always kept locked. If men would only consider that every cigar they smoke would buy part of a new piano-stool in terra-cotta plush, and that for every pound tin of tobacco purchased away goes a vase for growing dead geraniums in, they would surely hesitate. They do not consider, however, until they marry, and then they are forced to it. For my own part, I fail to see why bachelors should be allowed to smoke as much as they like, when we are debarred from it.

The very smell of tobacco is abominable, for one cannot get it out of the curtains, and there is little pleasure in existence unless the curtains are all right.
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    J M Barrie:

Once a man marries, his eyes are opened to many things that he was quite unaware of previously, among them being the delight of adding an article of furniture to the drawing-room every month, and having a bedroom in pink and gold, the door of which is always kept locked. If men would only consider that every cigar they smoke would buy part of a new piano-stool in terra-cotta plush, and that for every pound tin of tobacco purchased away goes a vase for growing dead geraniums in, they would surely hesitate. They do not consider, however, until they marry, and then they are forced to it. For my own part, I fail to see why bachelors should be allowed to smoke as much as they like, when we are debarred from it.

The very smell of tobacco is abominable, for one cannot get it out of the curtains, and there is little pleasure in existence unless the curtains are all right.
    Classic!

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    J M Barrie:

This is why man invented blinds.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

11 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Exhausted carrier pigeon just arrived from Cymru with a message:

"Hi Chris

Pipe is with me & I have made a start on it for you, bloody lovely indeed, I cannot see any cracking or defects in the chamber & it has not been heavily smoked that's for sure

The rim had a small amount of stubborn carbon on it but I have removed that & is nice & clean, will make a start on the stem tomorrow & go through the internals of the bowl

Great pipe though & looks like you have scored a winner here buddy

Best wishes

Dean

estate pipe shop"

Very exciting!
    Last edited by plugugly; 11-22-2018 at 16:33.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Sounds great, Chris. Looking forward to the pics.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Anton

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Exhausted carrier pigeon just arrived from Cymru with a message:

"Hi Chris

Pipe is with me & I have made a start on it for you, bloody lovely indeed, I cannot see any cracking or defects in the chamber & it has not been heavily smoked that's for sure

The rim had a small amount of stubborn carbon on it but I have removed that & is nice & clean, will make a start on the stem tomorrow & go through the internals of the bowl

Great pipe though & looks like you have scored a winner here buddy

Best wishes

Dean

estate pipe shop"

Very exciting!
    Good news!
    Tobacco is my favourite vegetable - Frank Zappa

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567