Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last One for Me: Wally Frank Collector Zulu [Pic Heavy]

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Another restoration of pure class, Anthony. I can see why you rate these Wally Frank pipes, so much. Being the gentleman that you are, I imagine you're going to give us a glimpse of these catalogues. Coming up to Christmas & everything.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Another restoration of pure class, Anthony. I can see why you rate these Wally Frank pipes, so much. Being the gentleman that you are, I imagine you're going to give us a glimpse of these catalogues. Coming up to Christmas & everything.
    Thanks, Simon. I can't say that I give all of the Wally Frank pipes a high rating. The overall level of quality decreased over the years. You could still good a good pipe, even in the later years, but you really had to understand the grading hierarchy of the models to ensure that you did so. They were much more willing to stamp their name on rubbish in their last couple of decades.

As for the catalogs, Pipedia has a rather nice quality one from 1940 (a good year) in PDF format: https://pipedia.org/images/3/30/Pipe...0501151314.pdf
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Cheers for the link, Anthony.
    What a great read, full of good stuff! Love the informative cartoon on how to disable a ruffian, with ones pipe! Lol
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Cheers for the link, Anthony.
    What a great read, full of good stuff! Love the informative cartoon on how to disable a ruffian, with ones pipe! Lol
    I'm glad you liked it, Simon. The rest are just as entertaining.

Chris Keene's Pipe Pages used to have several Wally Frank catalogs in digital format, but that site appears to have finally gone belly up. I have those catalogs saved locally as well as most (maybe, all) from the other manufacturers and shops. If Pipe Pages doesn't miraculously revive within the next 6-8 months or so, I'll see if Scott wants them for display on Pipedia.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12