Thread: Pipes & Tobacco Magazine To End.

At a nearby bakery sampling their goodies.
    Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Pipes & Tobacco Magazine To End.

I just spoke with Cliff Nelson, the editor of P&T, and he told me that the Spring issue will be the final issue. Very sad news.

Off the Starboard Beam, Just Over the Horizon!
    Real Name
    John
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Aye Mr Inks, just one moar t face the e're declining Pipe community... 'tis a sad day indeed... seems that our hobby will be heading underground in order for us to partake... not that this Pyrate 'as a problem wit the black market, just cannae see where the end will be...
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to sail her by." - John Masefield

"It is not that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better." Sir Francis Drake, Sea Captain

Proud Member of the Walrus Club

Visit http://www.reserectedpipes.wordpress.com

Real Name
    Ed
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Is it too delusional to think that someone may have bought several somethings, all in the same line of human pursuit, in order to subvert and/or destroy it all? The term "nicotine issues" sticks to my mind.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    Pipe smoker since
    On and off for 43 years

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

More typical business BULLSHIT !!!!!! Will they refund all the subscribers???? Ihope so, even though there are only four issues a year I think their is more than enough interest in it to keep it running. I had a bad feeling when a new editor took over a short while back. Not to blame him but it seems to have there hands into almost every aspect of the pipe and tobacco business, I think that they make more than enough money to keep the presses turning.

Jon

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by etecjon View Post
    I think their is more than enough interest in it to keep it running.
    There was never enough interest in a full color glossy pipe magazine from day one but this was a pet project by a pipe collector that piggybacked on his other tobacco trade publications. I'd best most of the guys here or the thousands on the Facebook pipe groups never heard of P&T, subscribed or if the did they let it lapse years ago.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    Pipe smoker since
    On and off for 43 years

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by daveinlax View Post
    There was never enough interest in a full color glossy pipe magazine from day one but this was a pet project by a pipe collector that piggybacked on his other tobacco trade publications. I'd best most of the guys here or the thousands on the Facebook pipe groups never heard of P&T, subscribed or if the did they let it lapse years ago.
    I completely disagree with your take on the magazine. Besides being a subscriber my B&M sells out every month and has for quite a long time.

Jon