Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castello Pipes

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Castello Pipes

Never see much mentioned about these pipes, on here. Anybody here fond of them? Found myself looking at a few Italian retailers today. Shape no. 55 in particular. At first glance they seem rather ugly, but strangely intriguing.
    Heavier than I like & with an acrylic stem, I shouldn't even be looking. But I am. Hmmm.

image.jpg
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Seen only one for sale here Simon...a Castello Great Line.

Any notion I had of buying it soon disappeared when I saw the 700 price tag!! I'd rather spend that amount of money on baccy.

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    Seen only one for sale here Simon...a Castello Great Line.

Any notion I had of buying it soon disappeared when I saw the 700 price tag!! I'd rather spend that amount of money on baccy.
    Having a laugh, ain't they? I've just seen one sell for 70 in Spain. Prices in Argentina seem to be all over the place, from what I've seen. You been down to Palermo yet, to pick up that Parker?

Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Got a Sea Rock - good but not splendid:

Castello SR GG56.jpg
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Having a laugh, ain't they? I've just seen one sell for 70 in Spain. Prices in Argentina seem to be all over the place, from what I've seen. You been down to Palermo yet, to pick up that Parker?
    Prices here are crazy Simon unless the seller hasn't a clue about pipes. The Parker is still for sale in fact the guy messaged me saying he would knock off a couple of hundred pesos if I still wanted it. A bargain but only if I was going into BA for other business.

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

There used to be a member here by the name of Castello (not the pipe maker) who had a bunch of them. Just me but if ever I bought a pipe for that much money it would not be rusticated. OOMPR out of my price range!
    "The box with the least amount of matches makes the most noise." MWB

Real Name
    Dave

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

If I were looking for an estate Castello, I'd be sure to check out BriarBlues. Mike loves them.

http://www.briarblues.com/italy.htm

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Paul
    Pipe smoker since
    first attempt 1987 disaster,stopped until Aug 2015

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

i had a Castello sea rock billiard but moved it on,very open draw and couldnt get on with the acrylic bit.All of my pipes are ones with vulcanite bits,except my three Ashton's with cumberland bits.
    Fortunately for me the Castello was an estate pipe and resold for similar money

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    Prices here are crazy Simon unless the seller hasn't a clue about pipes. The Parker is still for sale in fact the guy messaged me saying he would knock off a couple of hundred pesos if I still wanted it. A bargain but only if I was going into BA for other business.
    Crawford, don't know if you get BBC1 but there's a show called 'Marigold on Tour' or something like that. A group of retired celebrities go round various cities of the world, to see how other retired people live. Anyway the other week they were in Buenos Aires & they went to the barrio of Palermo. Looked great, very trendy! Although the unsmoked Parker, wasn't mentioned.
    Thankyou everybody about your thoughts on Castello. I think I'll have to pass, too heavy for me & with an acrylic stem, it's a no go. Shame, really like the shape & finish.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Crawford, don't know if you get BBC1 but there's a show called 'Marigold on Tour' or something like that. A group of retired celebrities go round various cities of the world, to see how other retired people live. Anyway the other week they were in Buenos Aires & they went to the barrio of Palermo. Looked great, very trendy! Although the unsmoked Parker, wasn't mentioned.
    Thankyou everybody about your thoughts on Castello. I think I'll have to pass, too heavy for me & with an acrylic stem, it's a no go. Shame, really like the shape & finish.

I shall see if I can download it Simon. Yes the centre of Buenos Aires is very nice...lovely architecture and parks not unlike certain European capitals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast