Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is In Your Pipe? - July 2019.

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hello,

Thanks for your good wishes, all. I remember when I was 25 and talking to a then friend (not a foe now, just lost touch) who is exactly two weeks older, how we then likely had one third of our lives behind us. By that calculation, it's almost two thirds now, well past midlife crisis age. The more shocking thing, though, is that it's the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing this week, when I remember the 25th so well... I might watch the replay of the live broadcast, as I did then (25 yrs ago, that is). It will match the footage of the landing with the exact time that mankind made its giant leap.

It took the thermometer quite a bit again to cross the 20C/68F line, but it got there eventually, and I'm sitting in the shed in sunny weather, no cardigan yet. Smoking from the daily jar in a Falcon after dinner and two slices of the birthday nut cake.

Best wishes
    Markus
    ...to the topTop

At a nearby bakery sampling their goodies.
    Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Relaxing after a tasty lasagna lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 MacBaren Acadian Perique in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. It's been a few years since I smoked this bend, so I thought I'd change was necessary for a short while. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Now smoking year 1999 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a 1970s dark brown straight Linkman Signature billiard with a nickel band and a black vulcanite tapered stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

Hello,

I've mixed a little blending Latakia into a few bowls' worth of G&H Westmoreland Slices, and it's the best experience I've ever had with one of the floral Lakeland tobaccos. Will repeat this with the others I have on hand, such as Ennerdale and Coniston Cut Plug. The pipe chosen is a Falcon.

Best wishes
    Markus
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Good Late Afternoon, Gentlemen! It's still overcast, but the cloud cover seems to be thinning a bit. We're in for a short heatwave towards the end of the week with a temperature of 95F/35C. how-to-draw-a-cactus-009_1561723894888.jpg how-to-draw-a-cactus-009_1561723894888.jpg I cancelled my veterans clinic appointment for Friday because I really don't want to be out in that heat and diving. Back in the workshop and watching our "livestock", a big groundhog, graze on the lawn near the deck. Now smoking a bowl of Fillmore in the Sav smooth billiard with a last mugga java on the tobacco table.
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Back home from the Spider-Man movie. It was better than the first one, which was lousy, but it's not the Spider-Man I knew from my collecting days or the days I was a Spider-Man artist. Half way through this bowl of Wilke #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight late 50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Brian

Dunhill Dark Flake mixed with a bit of Izmir and Havana leaf in a Britannia Dublin. Poor mans rendition of Sobranie No.10
    ...to the topTop

Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Steak on the grill and a salad and coffee. Jocks in an Ascorti,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​Tom
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Relaxing after a wonderful cashew chicken dinner with freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert. A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2005 Orlik Old English Curve in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite tapered stem. Watching the Braves-Padres game, and will listen to the rest when I go to work.
    ...to the topTop