Thread: Peaky Blinders Pipe

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Peaky Blinders Pipe

Any fans of this show? Whilst looking at Blakemar Briars site, noticed he's selling a pot shape. He was actually commissioned to make a pipe for the actor Sam Neil. He played a rather nasty policeman, very well as I recall. So, if you've seen the show & wondered what pipe he was smoking, now you know. A blakemar medium pot.

image.jpg
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I smoke one of these pots made by Mike Blakemar - but I have never seen the show, it have never been on our shores.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

You getting one Simon?

How do they manage to make them so cheap?

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Loved the first 4 seasons of the show. Looking forward to season 5 and more.

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

Hello,

I've never seen the series, but found via Google that the picture above seems to be from Series 1 Episode 4 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2461634...r/rm2154654208

Might be worth seeking out, but I haven't found it in a quick YouTube search.

I've also been to the Blakemar Briars website to see the pipe. It's a very nice shape, even though normally pots that a favourite shape for me.

As to pricing, I have a number of Blakemars and find them well worth the money. Even the cheapest, Matador, smokes nice, just the mouthpiece greens faster than other pipes. (Later pipes of that range have acrylic stems). More expensive ones may have minor flaws that I don't mind, like a few light scratches in the stem that could have used more polishing. So I suppose he can make his prices by choosing materials accordingly and by limiting the time spent on each pipe. In some I tasted the bowl coating for the first smokes in others I didn't. All in all, I think, you get decent smoking pipes there even at 30-40.

Best wishes
    Markus

Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    You getting one Simon?

How do they manage to make them so cheap?
    I do not know but the one pot I smoke is a 39 one. I often smoke it in the morning when right out of bed and before doing anything else.
    I think I smoke about 60 of his pipes and have about 45 in my unused stock - its my brain there is something wrong with- in quality from 39 to
    straight grains and two very fine hand made and one of them can be seen on his Facebook page. I have done business with him in many years,
    he is a gentleman.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Jensen View Post
    I do not know but the one pot I smoke is a 39 one. I often smoke it in the morning when right out of bed and before doing anything else.
    I think I smoke about 60 of his pipes and have about 45 in my unused stock - its my brain there is something wrong with- in quality from 39 to
    straight grains and two very fine hand made and one of them can be seen on his Facebook page. I have done business with him in many years,
    he is a gentleman.
    If you're happy with them Jorgen then they must be good value. Next time I'm in the UK I might just get one. No point in ordering one from here as customs will nab it.

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    If you're happy with them Jorgen then they must be good value. Next time I'm in the UK I might just get one. No point in ordering one from here as customs will nab it.
    One of his 'Bull Caps' would suit you, Crawford. His 'Sir Douglas' take some beating as well mind. Perhaps a 2 pipe purchase is warranted?
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    One of his 'Bull Caps' would suit you, Crawford. His 'Sir Douglas' take some beating as well mind. Perhaps a 2 pipe purchase is warranted?
    Yes ! A Bull Cap is for Crawford !

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Jensen View Post
    Yes ! A Bull Cap is for Crawford !
    I do like the Bull Cap the most I have to say. He does have a nice selection of pipes.