Thread: Larsen Copenhagen Selected Grain 114

Real Name
    Dave

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Larsen Copenhagen Selected Grain 114

The second pipe in the box Anthony sent me, a Larsen smooth shape 114. This is an older Sven Knudsen catalog shape, likely made by Sven, or Former in the early 1960's. I think the Selected Grain marking is the oldest of the markings that became Selected, and later Select. Very close to the actual shape shown in the catalog, while the 114 Super sandblasted version I have has some minor, but noticeable differences; the shaping of the bowl best seen in profile, a slightly larger OD of the rim in the top down view, and a little less wood at the transition. Catalog shape, hand made pipes!

http://pipesmokerunlimited.com/showt...R-114-HANDMADE

Screenshot_2019-08-24 Cook's Fine Pipe Works Smoking Pipe Repair Restoration.jpgScreenshot_2019-08-24 Cook's Fine Pipe Works Smoking Pipe Repair Restoration(1).jpgScreenshot_2019-08-24 Cook's Fine Pipe Works Smoking Pipe Repair Restoration(7).jpgScreenshot_2019-08-24 Cook's Fine Pipe Works Smoking Pipe Repair Restoration(2).jpgScreenshot_2019-08-24 Cook's Fine Pipe Works Smoking Pipe Repair Restoration(3).jpgScreenshot_2019-08-24 Cook's Fine Pipe Works Smoking Pipe Repair Restoration(4).jpgScreenshot_2019-08-24 Cook's Fine Pipe Works Smoking Pipe Repair Restoration(5).jpgScreenshot_2019-08-24 Cook's Fine Pipe Works Smoking Pipe Repair Restoration(6).jpgScreenshot_2019-08-24 Wo1 pdf.png

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Congrats on another fine restored pipe, Dave. I particularly like the way the grain and finish color came out. Kudos to Anthony, too.
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Real Name
    Thomas

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

A pipe of grace and elan.
    I can resist anything but temptation.