Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: New Coronavirus, Covid-19 Stuff

Real Name
    R.D. Henard
    Pipe smoker since
    Over 40 years

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    Zhang Zhan: China jails citizen journalist for Wuhan reports

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/poli...box=1609134759

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55463241

No comment needed...
    According to a Chinese gentleman I used to work with, this is typical of China. Before he immigrated to the US he was one of the top 3 architects in China. He told me the Chinese government was suspicious of professional citizens such as doctors, architects, engineers, etc because the bureaucrats were paranoid the professional class would form an aristocracy and overthrow the government so they would arrest anyone like that who didn't behave as though they were a devout communist.
    You've heard of people who don't know nothin'? I don't even suspect nothin'.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Paul
    Pipe smoker since
    first attempt 1987 disaster,stopped until Aug 2015

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by allyby View Post
    She's only sorry when she get's caught, this is the bitch that's been ranting on to all of us how important it is to wear a face mask! "But I'm sorry, it was all a mistake"

Sorry No! You broke your own rule Nicola!
    amuses me Ally,no action to be taken,the article mentions the fines for no mask are 60 pounds.here they are 300 euros ,

Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

SERIOUS LOCK DOWN ADVICE
    Everyone PLEASE be careful because people are going crazy from being locked down at home!
    I was just talking about this with the microwave and the toaster while drinking my Pepsi, and we all agreed that things are getting bad.
    I didn’t mention any of this to the washing machine, because she puts a different spin on EVERYTHING!! Certainly couldn’t share with the fridge, cause he’s been acting cold and distant!
    In the end, the iron straightened me out! She said the situation isn’t all that pressing and all the wrinkles will soon get ironed out!
    The vacuum, however, was very unsympathetic…told me to just suck it up! But the fan was VERY optimistic and gave me hope that it will all blow over soon!
    The toilet looked a bit flushed but didn’t say anything when I asked its opinion, but the front door said I was becoming unhinged and the doorknob told me to get a grip!! You can just about guess what the curtains told me: they told me to “pull myself together!”
    We will survive!!
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Dave

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    SERIOUS LOCK DOWN ADVICE
    Everyone PLEASE be careful because people are going crazy from being locked down at home!
    I was just talking about this with the microwave and the toaster while drinking my Pepsi, and we all agreed that things are getting bad.
    I didn’t mention any of this to the washing machine, because she puts a different spin on EVERYTHING!! Certainly couldn’t share with the fridge, cause he’s been acting cold and distant!
    In the end, the iron straightened me out! She said the situation isn’t all that pressing and all the wrinkles will soon get ironed out!
    The vacuum, however, was very unsympathetic…told me to just suck it up! But the fan was VERY optimistic and gave me hope that it will all blow over soon!
    The toilet looked a bit flushed but didn’t say anything when I asked its opinion, but the front door said I was becoming unhinged and the doorknob told me to get a grip!! You can just about guess what the curtains told me: they told me to “pull myself together!”
    We will survive!!

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081