Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPSD at Smokingpipes

Real Name
    Dave

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

IPSD at Smokingpipes

"Tomorrow is International Pipe Smoking Day (IPSD). It's a day dedicated to recognizing the history and tradition of pipes and pipe smoking, and to acknowledging the global scale of our hobby, as enthusiasts from all around the world raise their bowls together, as one.
    To celebrate, we've discounted all new and estate pipes by 15%, and all tinned and bulk pipe tobacco by 10%.

The celebration ends Sunday, February 21st, so don't miss your chance to save on your favorite pipes and tobaccos. Happy International Pipe Smoking Day!"

Real Name
    Fr. Tom
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I have my order in. Virginia now has an excise tax on tobacco purchased over the interweb - sigh...
    "Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Ordered too much tobacco the past few months so I'm not ordering more today, but believe me I have still been looking around like a fiend in my spare time!

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by p120d16y View Post
    Ordered too much tobacco the past few months so I'm not ordering more today, but believe me I have still been looking around like a fiend in my spare time!
    Is there anything in particular that you are fiendishly seeking, Zach?

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Is there anything in particular that you are fiendishly seeking, Zach?
    Most of the GH and SG flakes. But I've ordered more than 30 pounds the last few months since right before Christmas alone lol. I've asked the distributors about getting Revor Plug and they won't even reply to emails about it.

Edit: It's mostly because the SG/GH blends are mostly sold out of stock here in the states, but it's also because price increases yearly, cellaring for age, and worries that UK tobacco production and smoking is in jeopardy, in general. The UK wants to outlaw smoking and who knows how many years it could be before I am totally unable to get SG tins. Then good ol' Pipestud will be selling tins of FVF for $299 a tin!

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

Most of the GH and SG flakes. But I've ordered more than 30 pounds the last few months since right before Christmas alone lol. I've asked the distributors about getting Revor Plug and they won't even reply to emails about it.
    Once it is safe for me to go to our crappy (unsafe) PO, you shall have a packet of the majestic Revor!

I also have a pipe that needs to be sent over the pond to a PSU pal.

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Once it is safe for me to go to our crappy (unsafe) PO, you shall have a packet of the majestic Revor!

I also have a pipe that needs to be sent over the pond to a PSU pal.
    Chris, well don't go out of your way for me, but if that becomes a possibility send me a PM and I'll figure out a way to wire you some funds for your troubles!

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

Chris, well don't go out of your way for me, but if that becomes a possibility send me a PM and I'll figure out a way to wire you some funds for your troubles!
    No need, Zach - it's never any trouble for a PSU pal - especially one who is in need of Revor, when I have more cellared than I can ever smoke.

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hell I likely have more tobacco already than I can smoke until I'm in my 50s, Chris and I'm only turning 32 this summer! I'd sit aside the money for 15-20 plugs of Revor if I could source it, though! That's why I say PM for arrangements. The last package I received from you in 2014 was during a time when I was young and broke, and spending much of my money on tobaccos but now I'm advanced much further into my engineering career and can finally afford to save and hoard tobaccos so it's no trouble! I very much appreciate your kind offer!

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hell I likely have more tobacco already than I can smoke until I'm in my 50s, Chris and I'm only turning 32 this summer! I'd sit aside the money for 15-20 plugs of Revor if I could source it, though! That's why I say PM for arrangements. The last package I received from you in 2014 was during a time when I was young and broke, and spending much of my money on tobaccos but now I'm advanced much further into my engineering career and can finally afford to save and hoard tobaccos so it's no trouble! I very much appreciate your kind offer!
    My pleasure entirely, Zach. I'll send you a PM for your address nearer the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast