Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PAD Musings & An Eight Pipe Solution?

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    I've already put you down for one of them, a bent (if you want it) along with a few briars.
    Freebies I hope?

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

Very English of you, your choices of mostly Billiard/Canadian/Lumberman/Lovat type shape. I too think the billiard is easily one of the best standard shapes. Straight billiards, I don't care nearly as much for a bent billiard myself.

That being said, I'm also a bad one to ask as I'm nearly over 150 pipes myself and I love them all. I don't care at all about a rotation. I don't see the point personally. A bunch of nice pipes you've got, personally I'd rather have 100-200 oddball and cherished pipes than beat myself to death trying to just choose like 5 or 10 pipes. I couldn't do it. If I ended up leaving some pipes I just didn't like sit for years on end, I'd get rid of them to a new home who would use the pipe. Pipes are the ONLY thing I collect, I have very little of anything else at all. I don't collect a single other thing except pipes and tobacco.

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Very English of you, your choices of mostly Billiard/Canadian/Lumberman/Lovat type shape. I too think the billiard is easily one of the best standard shapes. Straight billiards, I don't care nearly as much for a bent billiard myself.

That being said, I'm also a bad one to ask as I'm nearly over 150 pipes myself and I love them all. I don't care at all about a rotation. I don't see the point personally. A bunch of nice pipes you've got, personally I'd rather have 100-200 oddball and cherished pipes than beat myself to death trying to just choose like 5 or 10 pipes. I couldn't do it. If I ended up leaving some pipes I just didn't like sit for years on end, I'd get rid of them to a new home who would use the pipe. Pipes are the ONLY thing I collect, I have very little of anything else at all. I don't collect a single other thing except pipes and tobacco.
    Same here, Zach.

Ooops....except for wine!! Lol

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    I think a big Oom Paul jaw-hanger would suit you - sitting there in a pub garden scaring the shite out of everyone. You'd always have a table to yourself! LOL
    LMFAO!

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

:

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    Freebies I hope?
    Goes without saying, Crawford. Your money's no good to me mate. No good to anybody come to think of it, we've gone 'Decimal' since he last got his wallet out!

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Goes without saying, Crawford. Your money's no good to me mate. No good to anybody come to think of it, we've gone 'Decimal' since he last got his wallet out!
    I was of course only kidding as I already knew you're a very generous piper.

I shall of course keep a length of Argy twist for you....can't promise it'll be that long right enough!!

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

I was of course only kidding as I already knew you're a very generous piper.

I shall of course keep a length of Argy twist for you....can't promise it'll be that long right enough!!
    Giving Simon a length......really?

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Giving Simon a length......really?

I'll give him it ready rubbed instead. It'll look more!!

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

I'll give him it ready rubbed instead. It'll look more!!
    Bigger anyway! Lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast