Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2021: What is in Your Pipe?

At a nearby bakery sampling their goodies.
    Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to the BBC's recreations of Groucho and Chico's Flywheel, Shyster, and Flywheel radio show from the 1930s.
    Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg
    "Honesty may not make you many friends, but it'll make you the right ones." -John Lennon.

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hello,

Working down the to-do list of last things that need doing before the trip. Hand luggage is packed, tickets and papers are in place. Will get a hair cut later today, too.

Today is overcast and even at 8.00am the daylight didn't seem to have fully arrived yet. But this was probably due to the thick clouds and the rain that was coming down at the time.

I'm smoking Pfeifen Heinrichs No 7, the VA/Kentucky flake, in a Peterson Limited Edition billiard. For the trip, I have now packed the Living Blend and a tin of MB Old Dark Fired. I have decided against the daily mix because it's a bit crumbly, fine to smoke in a sheltered space, but may burn hot and fast when I'm out in the open.

Between tomorrow and Friday next week I'm not sure how much I will post while exploring Hamburg and the surrounding area. At the latest, I will be back soon after returning home.

Best wishes
    Markus

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus1970 View Post
    Between tomorrow and Friday next week I'm not sure how much I will post while exploring Hamburg and the surrounding area. At the latest, I will be back soon after returning home.
    Have a safe, enjoyable trip, Markus!
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Good Morning! It's 63°F/17.2°C here with a partly cloudy sky at first light. My day has begun with a bowl of half HH Pure VA Flake and half Peterson Flake leftovers in the Upshall Dublin and a fresh mugga coffee on the tobacco table.

James Upshall Dublin.jpg
    Russ

Pipe smoker since

Another perfect Day. Smoking Carter Hall in a Cob and coffee sitting on the front steps with my dog sitting beside me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​Tom

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Not far from finishing this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
    Basil_squashed_ tomato.jpg
    "Honesty may not make you many friends, but it'll make you the right ones." -John Lennon.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Afternoon! It's partly cloudy here with some sunshine and today as well as tomorrow will be unseasonably very warm before a front moves in with cooler weather. Our landlord came by earlier to mow the lawn with his big, noisy commercial mower. When he began mowing alongside the deck, Grover went running from under it and around the side of the house along with the fastest moving raccoon that I ever saw right behind him! In the workshop and smoking a bowl of Limerick VA Flake in the Upshall Dublin with another mugga coffee on the side.
    Russ

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
    Molina_Apple.jpg

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Now smoking year 2015 Dan Tobacco Tordenskjold Slices in a straight smooth dark brown year 1926 Parker Super Bruyere patent 3 63/F lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Often, I find it amazing I have pipes this old and older. I often think about the chain of ownership of old pipes, and realize I'm just a link in the line that some day will be added to by another.
    1926_Parker_63:F lovat.jpg

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2014 HU Sunset in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Waiting for the mailman to deliver a tin of the soon-to-be released C&D Caroina Red Flake with Perique. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
    Dunhill pot.jpg

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast