Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Are You Smoking? November 2022

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Morning! It's 28° here with a clear, starry sky. Starting the smoking day with a bowl of HH Pure VA Flake in the 1950 Dunhill Lovat and there's a fresh mugga coffee tucked underneath my jacket.

1950 Dunhill Lovat.jpg
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Morning and a Happy Thanksgiving Day to You All! It's 25° here with a clear, starry sky right now. My tobacco order arrived yesterday and I just jarred up some with the rest of the tins stacked on the tobacco table. The first pipe of the day is a bowl of fresh Wessex Brown VA Flake in the Don Carlos "Two Note" and there's a fresh mugga coffee tucked underneath my jacket.

Don Carlos Two Note.jpg
    Russ

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Happy Thanksgiving, Russ, and to everyone else. Last night when I got home from work I smoked a Perdomo Lot 23 Churchill Maduro cigar on my walk around the park. I will be out to my grandparents today for Thanksgiving and don't really have time for a pipe this morning as we're about to head over there already in about 45 minutes. Should be on posting this evening.

Have enough time for some fresh Kendal Flake in the Mark Twain cob.
    "Every morning I wake up thinking, 'Good, another 24 hours of smoking.'"
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Good Afternoon! It's warmed up to 54°, the sky is clear, and the sun is shining...just a beautiful day! Janet and I are having our Thanksgiving dinner at home and my diet has run completely off of the rails. I went out to the supermarket yesterday and bought enough ice cream to last through the night. I do have so much to be thankful for today and always. In the workshop again and smoking a bowl of Haunted Bookshop in the Don Carlos with some coffee left in my second mugga. Be safe in your travels, everyone, and enjoy this Thanksgiving Day!
    Russ

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

C&D Jolly Old St. Nicholas in a 1970 Pioneer rusticated acorn meer.

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Good Morning! It's a warmer 46° here with a cloudy sky and everything is wet from overnight rain. The smoking day has begun with a bowl of Bayou Morning Flake in a Savinelli "Venere 128" and there's a fresh mugga coffee tucked underneath my jacket.

Savinelli Venere 128 Billiard.jpg
    Russ

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I've been off my normal burley routine in cobs in the morning with coffee for most of the year, choosing to smoke a lot of random smokes of flakes and whatnots instead. This morning with having the holiday off work I went straight for some 2015 C&D Cube-Cut burley in this Let Freedom Ring cob with a dark orange swirl Forever stem. I thought I'd mix a bit of this 2014 ERR match in but decided to go with the straight cube cut instead. Contrary to popular burley myth, the age does wonders on this stuff. It's got a deeper and richer, sour fermented smell to it and same for the taste with deeper and smoother notes of wood spice and hints of some cigar you can't put a finger on here. The fresh is great but it's sharper and brighter in all ways and it's very noticeable. Most consider this to primarily be a blender tobacco but give it at least a few years of age and it's delicious on it's own. Dark and white burleys.

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Good Afternoon, Everyone! It's 46°, cloudy, and with occasionally gusty winds. We have enough turkey left over that I think Janet will be making up some pot pies. You're right, Zach, all tobaccos will benefit from aging and that alone will bring a mellowness to any blend. In the workshop and smoking a bowl of Haunted Bookshop in the Sav smooth billiard with some coffee left in my second mugga.
    Russ

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

We are firmly in autumn territory weatherwise now, after very mild weeks at the beginning we are now at more typical 10C/50F, and colder overnight. Over-all it is probably still to dry, but there is occasional rainfall. Last weekend, with wind and cold temperatures just a bit above freezing, I didn't even go to the shed.

But this weekend I will spend the usual amount of time in here, and this afternoon and evening has been a good start. Tomorrow I am expecting a tobacco order, not from the usual Danpipe, but from Tabak Benden, closer to home, and with a different range of tobaccos on offer. Will post more once they get here.

Workwise it's been a smooth few weeks, only to get busier with tests to be written and markt in the week after next. So I am finding some time to clear piles of paper that have been gathering in the office over the months, mostly from when I copied more than needed, just to be sure. A few sheets of left-over paper quickly add up. But I can still use most of them, so they will be sorted and stowed away over the coming weeks. Similar things have been going on at home recently, with stuff in urgent need of re-arranging.

The tobacco I have smoked most since I opened the tin is Roper's Roundels, similar to Dunhill de Luxe Navy Rolls, but with a black cavendish core. I have rubbed it out and added a little Pfeifen Heinrichs Nr 8, which is quite similar to St. Bruno. The last of the tin may be gone by the end of the weekend, and I have just finished a bowl in a Peterson de Luxe billiard. Another one in an Orlik billiard will end the pipe smoking day for me.

Real Name
    Dave

Smoking a 2:1 mix of Newminster 400 and Peter Stokkebye LNF in a Barling. Was looking through a box from the pipe vault and found some serious pipes, a 1998 Becker & Musico, a Nording grade 14, an Andrew Marks freehand, and a lovely Brakner; they haven't been smoked in years. And those are just the four I took out of the box!

“the limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” Frederick Douglass

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast