Page 433 of 453 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 4527

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Save the sweets for her valentines gift Jesper!
    Arrrgh... I already gave them to her, so flowers and a large heart-shaped box of candy it'll be.

Good selection you've got there, hope you enjoy them all.
    Thanks, I am utterly convinced that I will. Always great to try new tobaccos.

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

Total surprise from Jason, I mean I knew he was working on a lil package for me but I forgot all about it.

Iím super stoked to try all of these especially the Motzek twists!

Thanks bud, I hope your package has made it to you???

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    My second order came in yesterday.

Had to replenish my Lat blends. MM965 8oz in the baggy.

Really cool, free book they are giving out at P&C on orders over $100. Iím extremely impressed with it.
    One part of my order arrived today at work. My second order will be arriving on Friday.

40 pouches of St. Bruno RR
    5 packs of pipe cleaners.
    So beautiful... must... not... cry.

That there is roughly 4.5 lb of Bruno. Is it uncouth to ask what your total holdings of Bruno are in your cellar, both Flake and RR? Or is that tantamount to asking your salary? You can always PM me a number if you're concerned about security.

What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    So beautiful... must... not... cry.

That there is roughly 4.5 lb of Bruno. Is it uncouth to ask what your total holdings of Bruno are in your cellar, both Flake and RR? Or is that tantamount to asking your salary? You can always PM me a number if you're concerned about security.
    Lol. I donít have much of the Flake on hand, in fact I only have 4 tins, itís just too expensive compared to the RR and Iíve actually come to terms with the fact that I like the RR more than the Flake. After the 40 pouch haul I now have 100 pouches (sealed in Mylar bags of 10) but thatís not that much considering I go through a pouch a week! This haul was mainly to keep me stocked through school without having to purchase anymore during that time period. After school I hope to land a well paying job so that I can stock a lifetime supply, hopefully the industry wonít go belly up within that time period. I have more Condor and St. Bruno in my cellar than any other tobacco but keep in mind that Iím trying to stock up for a good 30 to 35 years. The first 6 to 7 years of pipe smoking I was just buying everything I thought I would like and good thing Iím not too picky cause my cellar is more wide than it is deep but now that Iíve learned over the years what I truly love Iím going to focus on my favorites, although that can be tricky as Iíve just discovered how good Dunhill Flake can be with 2 plus years of age on it, now I want to stock up on more of that because itís going to be gone for good really soon. Next buy, Dunhill Flake.
    Last edited by Hawky454; 02-11-2018 at 19:29.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

...Iím going to focus on my favorites, although that can be tricky as Iíve just discovered how good Dunhill Flake can be with 2 plus years of age on it, now I want to stock up on more of that because itís going to be gone for good really soon. Next buy, Dunhill Flake.
    Good thinking, Hawky. It's time for me to stop cellaring anything else and focus on DF, DDF and maybe sneak in a tin or three of Wessex Brown VA Flake. I'm preparing for the Dunhill supplies to start drawing down this year.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Iíve just discovered how good Dunhill Flake can be with 2 plus years of age on it, now I want to stock up on more of that because itís going to be gone for good really soon. Next buy, Dunhill Flake.
    Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Good thinking, Hawky. It's time for me to stop cellaring anything else and focus on DF, DDF and maybe sneak in a tin or three of Wessex Brown VA Flake. I'm preparing for the Dunhill supplies to start drawing down this year.
    You guys probably have your ears closer to the ground than I do, but I've read that Dunhill blends have already stopped being produced and once current stocks are depleted, that's it. Luckily I didn't give myself the opportunity to fall for any Dunhills blends so I'm not too bothered by this, but I can certainly empathize with the freak out buying frenzy many Dunhill fans find themselves engaged in. Dark days are upon us...

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    You guys probably have your ears closer to the ground than I do, but I've read that Dunhill blends have already stopped being produced and once current stocks are depleted, that's it.
    I occasionally search for an update on this but can't find anything like an "official" announcement of the end of production, just speculation and unsubstantiated comments on other forums. This should be the last year for Dunhill pipe tobaccos if we take the "will end production in 18 months" announcement from BAT as being the final word, although we may never know when the end has been reached until supplies start to sputter.
    Last edited by coalsmoke; 02-13-2018 at 23:04.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Dave

From a seller on another forum, one pound of McC 5100!

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Five pounds of Grand Croupier Double Down arrived from SP this morning. Just in time too, because I wasn't sure if I had enough on hand to make it through the weekend.

Double Down is my "working" smoke because it's cheap, tasty, rough around the edges, and doesn't lack for strength. So, I don't feel the need to think about it too much. For those same reasons, it's frequently my "wake up" smoke as well. This resupply should keep me stocked for about six months or so, but I think I'll pick up a couple of pounds per month for a while to keep it cellared deep so that I don't have to worry about running thin again.

It's kind of a bummer that SP rolled out a sitewide 10%-off sale just a couple of days after I placed this order, but this stuff is so cheap even when it's off-sale that I don't really begrudge it.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR & RESTORATION

fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Joe Millar
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Last Friday half pound of Sutliff Vanilla and half pound H&H Butternut Burley I have 2 pounds of Prince Edward one of which I will use with the tobacco from Friday and some others to do a little home made.