Page 437 of 480 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 4796

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Three souvenirs DW brought me from Majorca. All three made in Denmark; St. Bruno Ready Rubbed and Amsterdamer by Mac Baren, but unavailable here in Denmark.
    (The Spanish tobacco prices are a little over half the price of what we pay here).

Amsterdamer St. Larsen.jpg

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

Off the Starboard Beam, Just Over the Horizon!
    Real Name
    John
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Aye, last week the second order o the month came in, ‘twas Pirate Kake 2oz, Privateer 2oz, McCellands’ Black Shag from 221b Baker Street 2oz, Spellmans’s Mixture 7oz... As the baccy rarification continues I went o,re to the PipeStud looking for a couple of elusive blends, Exotique and the Flying Dutchman. He ‘ad two o the Exotique tins, but me emails ne’er went through... me thinks that Mr Herb were blockin me communication channels... but, one tin was selling fer $56 USD. A wee bit high fer 2oz, but wanted to give ‘er a go none the less...Some o the prices Steve has get a bit steep fer the likes o say Stonehaven ‘er Penszance... Steve did say he will not engage in the price gouging that some are expected to begin...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to sail her by." - John Masefield

"It is not that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better." — Sir Francis Drake, Sea Captain

Proud Member of the Walrus Club

Visit http://www.reserectedpipes.wordpress.com

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

12 members Liked or found this post helpful.

The rest of my IPSD order finally came in today. I already posted a pic of a couple of these items but wanted them to join in here for a group shot. Pictured: My Own Blend Brown Plug, McC Beacon Extra, Davidoff Flake Medallions, Rattray Marlin Flake, SG 1792 Flake, SG B.S. Flake (formerly Brown Sugar Flake ), Condor RR, Maltan RR, B&H Special Virginia (formerly Mellow Virginia ), St. Bruno RR, St. Bruno Flake, Condor Plug, G.L. Pease Stonehenge Flake, GH&Co. Bosun Cut Plug, C&D Mad Fiddler Flake.

38961705540_44f1804fa8_z.jpg

This one makes me sad. First time I've seen the new plain packaging in person. The ridiculous graphic warnings are just whatever at this point for me, but a company not allowed to display their branding/logo on their own product is bonkers.

40062100604_9989d2d7b3_z.jpg

I really liked Maltan's old simple pouch design, even if it did only occupy 1/3 of the front. It had a certain retro thing going on which I really dig.

40730657582_38790dbe8f_z.jpg

Since I'm already in rant mode, please allow me one last indulgence . The Canadian Boarder Services Agency (CBSA) recently declared illegal all folding pocket knives that can be opened with one hand via centrifugal force or with a flick. I'm not as much of a knife collector as I used to be so I'm not completely devastated by this news, but good grief! I'm genuinely concerned about how things are trending. Gentlemen, we are last of a generation who had it all and had it good. Henceforth I shall dedicate my one remaining Spyderco to plug slicing duties... an illegal tool cutting a barely still legal product.

25902498157_6294753023_z.jpg
    Last edited by KarlMaldensNose; 03-12-2018 at 20:46.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    Flip the script on 'em. Advertise as birth control for men.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Steve
    Pipe smoker since

A few more reasons why I always say, "A pox on all governments." The do-gooders are today's Puritans. They're afraid that somewhere, someone is having fun.

Real Name
    Steve
    Pipe smoker since

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Received a very satisfying haul from Smoking Pipes.com and Cup O' Joe's. The Cup O' joes bag is possibly the last of McC 2050 Oriental Cavendish.

And, a 1 lb bag of HH Vintage Syrian from P&C.
    Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling looking at all these bags.
    Last edited by Slowroll; 03-13-2018 at 17:50.

Real Name
    Dave

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Steve, I like your style!

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

What a good haul, Steve!
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post

40062100604_9989d2d7b3_z.jpg

I really liked Maltan's old simple pouch design, even if it did only occupy 1/3 of the front. It had a certain retro thing going on which I really dig.
    That's a poor show about the plain packaging, a surprise as well. I thought it was just Australia that was introducing that.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    That's a poor show about the plain packaging, a surprise as well. I thought it was just Australia that was introducing that.
    We've had that crap in Canada for several years now. It's not for us stubborn folks.

This is the new age of brainwashing which also seems to work in politics across the world for the past 10 years. It confirms to the quitters they've done the right thing and to those who have not sampled fear is instilled. Tell gullible people the same falsehood over and over and by golly it must be true. I also witnessed this kind of thing professionally where a radical thought was easily brushed aside.
    "The box with the least amount of matches makes the most noise." MWB