Page 448 of 448 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448
Results 4,471 to 4,476 of 4476

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by achtman View Post
    And totally dry English Mixture (Balkan for any newcomers) including Syrian Latakia from Ireland: MullingarĎs (which nobody today has ever heard of

There's a tin of Mullingar's Kenmare up for sale right now on 4Noggins consignment page. It can be had for the bargain basement price of $150.

Quote Originally Posted by achtman View Post
    The one still to come is the new HU Krater Plug, which Hans recommends very strongly.
    German tobacconist Jedi Knights Hans Wiedemann and Tom Darasz sure picked a precarious time to start a pipe tobacco revolution.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Here's what's left of my von eickens stash mark. I've gone through quite a few of the dark flake tins. Still haven't tried the gold flake or the three stars yet. Looking at the artwork on your tin I'd say it's even older than mine. Markus, it would be great if you could find out more about this brand. I for one, would be very interested. Cheers! Simon.

Attachment 49641
    I will pay whatever you want for your vintage tobacco sources. At least tell me this much: did these come from the same place as your old St. Bruno tins?

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    I will pay whatever you want for your vintage tobacco sources. At least tell me this much: did these come from the same place as your old St. Bruno tins?
    Lol. No, these came from an old tobacconists in Cardiff, which had been closed for years. A shop fitter who was doing work there found them, & sold them on eBay. BTW Jason, you want to check out 'kijiji'. I saw some old tins for sale there recently, but the seller was in Quebec & the listing was in French, so I passed.

Thanks @markus for the info on von eickens. Interesting to see they're still going, even though their old blends aren't.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Steve
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

And I had another TAD relapse the results of which showed up today...

The ones you can't read are 2 lbs of HH ODF, †4 ounces of Kendall Kentucky, a tin of Kendall Dark, and a missing disappointment. That was supposed to be 2 †8 oz. Tins of †C&D Star of the East Flake.†

The vendor shipped the ribbon SOTE. I called and bellyached, they told me they were out of the flake. What they didn't admit is they probably tried to slip it in.†
    But, happiness is having a lot of mason jars to fill.
    Last edited by Slowroll; 04-20-2018 at 23:20.

Real Name
    Mark
    Pipe smoker since
    1970 with an interruption of 40 years while I was smoking only cigarettes

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hi everybody.

Iíve now smoked one bowl each from the Murrayís Erinmore Mixture, von Eickenís Three Stars, and Mullingarís Kenmare.

I like the Erinmore although it does get a bit rough at the bottom of the bowl. I can understand wh6 it was such a favourite at the time.

The Mullingarís might appeal to somebody who likes aromatics but I donít.

The von Eickenís is too strong for me.

If anybody is interested in these tobaccos, I would be willing to sell the Mullingarís and von Eickenís, and either stuff them back into the tins for shipping or put them in freezer bags and post them with the empty tins. Iíve smoked one pipeful of each so there should be about 45 g of each left. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Similarly I have a few hundred grams of the sliced Motzek Strang coins from the last production when Motzek retired. I am not a fan of this tobacco. If there any fans out there who want to buy it, please send me a PM as well.