Page 425 of 426 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426 LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 4254

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

This flew in today from across the pond. I haven't even opened it yet but I already regret the Condor Blended. After I'd already ordered it, I read that it's considered Condor Lite. I generally don't like the lite versions of anything. And I can't not mention the pictures. I'm so used to the graphic warnings to the extant that I never noticed until today how large they have gotten. The others are laughably lame because they're just so poorly done, like a high school drama production. But f'ing hell, the image on the Warrior Plug is something else entirely.

39624854932_122bfd4807_z.jpg

In case you pipe inhaling hedonists missed it, don't inhale!

38946486264_e4b5d278c0_z.jpg

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    I haven't even opened it yet but I already regret the Condor Blended. After I'd already ordered it, I read that it's considered Condor Lite. I generally don't like the lite versions of anything.
    Yeah, but at least you can try it and decide for yourself. I don't like to dismiss anything based on someone else's taste. It's worthwhile to have the experience even if you never want to have it again.
    Follow me and watch calamity ensue: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

This flew in today from across the pond. I haven't even opened it yet but I already regret the Condor Blended. After I'd already ordered it, I read that it's considered Condor Lite. I generally don't like the lite versions of anything. And I can't not mention the pictures. I'm so used to the graphic warnings to the extant that I never noticed until today how large they have gotten. The others are laughably lame because they're just so poorly done, like a high school drama production. But f'ing hell, the image on the Warrior Plug is something else entirely.

39624854932_122bfd4807_z.jpg

38946486264_e4b5d278c0_z.jpg
    Iíve heard bad things about Condor Blended (Lite) but Anthony is right, I would have tried it for myself if it werenít so damn expensive to get over here.

You got some great stuff there, enjoy!

And yeah, those freaking warnings are so ridiculous!
    Last edited by Hawky454; 01-12-2018 at 23:17.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    Yeah, but at least you can try it and decide for yourself. I don't like to dismiss anything based on someone else's taste. It's worthwhile to have the experience even if you never want to have it again.
    I agree, it's rarely a bad thing to try stuff for yourself. Thing is, I'm importing these from Britain. On top of tobacco being stupid expensive there, I can't bring in more than 200 g at a time. So using up a spot in an order on an unknown is tough to swallow when I know I like regular Condor (based on the Plug). I can only order so much, so many times, before it gets prohibitively expensive. It's a delicate balance.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Iíve heard bad things about Condor Blended (Lite) but Anthony is right, I would have tried it for myself if it werenít so damn expensive to get over here.

You got some great stuff there, enjoy!

And yeah, those freaking warnings are so ridiculous!
    This order is from Mr. Snuff. James Fox had Condor Plug in stock a few days ago and I just now finally decided to bite the bullet and max out an order with it (plus a pouch of Maltan to try) because you never know when another plug will fall off the face of the earth. Not only is it now not in stock, it's not even listed on the site as "Out Of Stock." This worries me because Fox's sister site Pipe Divan does list it, but it's out of stock at the moment. Wondering why James Fox wouldn't still have it up as out of stock. That seems like a messy explanation. I hope you get my point. Know anything about this? Were you the one who cleaned them out?

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

...And I can't not mention the pictures. I'm so used to the graphic warnings to the extant that I never noticed until today how large they have gotten. The others are laughably lame because they're just so poorly done, like a high school drama production. But f'ing hell, the image on the Warrior Plug is something else entirely.
    Those pictures are tasteless beyond description and the anti-smoking mafia must be getting more and more desperate since their idiot labels are growing in size. We have the pictures on the cigarettes but tobacco tins and pouches only have the text. So far.

Smking is sooo awful but you can still drink yourself into oblivion each night until your brains and liver finally call it a day.
    When do we get to see colour photos of deceased livers or someone smeared all over the road in a drunk-drive car accident, on the licour bottles..?

Last edited by Dunstan Hillwell; 01-14-2018 at 23:14.
    In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

This order is from Mr. Snuff. James Fox had Condor Plug in stock a few days ago and I just now finally decided to bite the bullet and max out an order with it (plus a pouch of Maltan to try) because you never know when another plug will fall off the face of the earth. Not only is it now not in stock, it's not even listed on the site as "Out Of Stock." This worries me because Fox's sister site Pipe Divan does list it, but it's out of stock at the moment. Wondering why James Fox wouldn't still have it up as out of stock. That seems like a messy explanation. I hope you get my point. Know anything about this? Were you the one who cleaned them out?
    Thatís kind of scary. I have cleared them out a couple of times but they always just showed out of stock rather than it disappearing entirely and they were always very quick to restock. I hope this isnít a sign.

Real Name
    Steve
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Wrong post for here
    Last edited by Slowroll; 01-15-2018 at 02:21. Reason: Wrong post

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    Good advice. My old mate was a Condor smoker over the 55 years I knew him.Twist, Flake and Ready Rubbed. When he turned 70 he started smoking the Blended. No idea why but he obviously liked it.

Thatís kind of scary. I have cleared them out a couple of times but they always just showed out of stock rather than it disappearing entirely and they were always very quick to restock. I hope this isnít a sign.
    There has been rumours over the last few years that Condor Flake will be next for the chop.When I was last in the UK and asked for some in a Glasgow tobacconist the woman said ''they've stopped making that'' which shocked me however I did manage to get it elsewhere. That led me to think she'd maybe heard something. The Ready Rubbed is much easier to get hold of. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if the Flake and Plug both disappear soon.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

Just checked Fox again and it was listed and in stock again. Only four plugs available so I grabbed them all, plus three pouches of Maltan Ready Rubbed.

Still, itís weird. Not listed one day, back the next, but only four units. Hopefully Iím just reading too much into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk