Page 462 of 478 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 4780

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Saw 4 noggins had a deal on 'Escudo' .../..
    So, bought 5 tins ....
    Another 5 came here - in 4 days!
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbass View Post
    Thank you kind sir for this generous gift. Appreciation and fun all in one package!
    You're quite welcome. Happiness is best served when passed along.

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

500g of SG just landed here...

I have never seen the Kendal Plug shrink wrapped, it's always come in a zip-lock baggie inside the box.

I only had to shave off this much to get in in a quart jar.

The BBF...

Loading up and ready for fire...

Also of note. This by far the driest SG I have ever received. It's ready to smoke right out of the box.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    500g of SG just landed here. Also of note. This by far the driest SG I have ever received. It's ready to smoke right out of the box.
    Okay, wiseguy, don't rub it in. Nice haul!
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Great stuff! Really enjoy seeing your tobacco photos, corn dog.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

After a morning of automobile woes requiring two trips to the auto parts store and countless creative uses of profanity, I finally made it to the Post Office to pick up a Corndog Care Delivery; a healthy hunk o' 2015 Dark Plug and a generous portion of 2007 Dark Flake u/s! Thank you very much, CD!

I've mentioned that I've avoided DF u/s because of my fear of "scent taint". I haven't put a match to it yet, but based upon the aroma alone, I know now that these fears are unfounded. In fact, I'm now kicking myself for avoiding it. It smells like exactly the kind of tobacco that I love.

By the way, the flake smells "brighter" than the plug and DP seems a little smokier. So, a question for you guys that have experience with them both; could this be due to the age difference or is it just the nature of the two versions?
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Glad to hear you got it Anthony and hopefully you'll enjoy a bowl or two.

It will "taint" a pipe for sure, but in my experience not in the same vein as the heavier Lakeland's like 1792 or Grousemoor. It won't wreck a pipe where no matter what you smoke after it will taste of the ghost, instead you'll get little hints of that soapiness for a few smokes afterwards. As far as the difference and age I think it's a bit of both. I have smoked both the flake and the plug within the same time frame and the plug is definitely a bit heavier. Im my experience if I like a flake, I love the plug version. If not, I hate the plug version, haha.

As always, YMMV. Remember I'm the guy who said Esoterica Peacehaven tasted of coconuts. I'm no silver tongued Jim Inks.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Glad to hear you got it Anthony and hopefully you'll enjoy a bowl or two.

It will "taint" a pipe for sure, but in my experience not in the same vein as the heavier Lakeland's like 1792 or Grousemoor. It won't wreck a pipe where no matter what you smoke after it will taste of the ghost, instead you'll get little hints of that soapiness for a few smokes afterwards. As far as the difference and age I think it's a bit of both. I have smoked both the flake and the plug within the same time frame and the plug is definitely a bit heavier. Im my experience if I like a flake, I love the plug version. If not, I hate the plug version, haha.

As always, YMMV. Remember I'm the guy who said Esoterica Peacehaven tasted of coconuts. I'm no silver tongued Jim Inks.
    Enjoyment is guaranteed, CD! Thank you again! I'm looking forward to giving the unadulterated Dark Flake a try. I've had the scented version and I like that well enough, but the heavy floral blends are only an occasional smoke for me. They're not something that I can enjoy with any regularity.

When I referred to the "scent taint", I wasn't talking about ghosting. I can deal with that. What I was referring to was u/s versions of GH tobaccos that are anything but u/s. I had an experience with some Brown Flake u/s that turned out to be heavily scented. Ever since, I've steered clear of just about any GH blend that comes in both varieties because I just didn't trust that what I was buying was really unscented. The sample of DF that you sent has restored my faith because I can tell from the nose of it that it doesn't have the heavy fragrance of DF scented.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I wasn't going to and then I did...more SG on the way. Plus a little more.

250g Kendal Plug
    250g Best Brown Flake
    250g Full Virginia Flake
    1 lb. Box of Kendal Cream Flake*
    300g Savinelli- Doblone d'Oro

The Kendal Cream Flake is going to be inspected before shipping to make sure it's good to go. It's got at least a decade on it and has been stored in the shrink wrapped box and in a humidified room. If it turns out it's not so good that will be scratched from the order. It's also why I was asking about when those SG 1 lb. boxes went away here in the US...

http://pipesmokerunlimited.com/showt...-Sam-Gawith-US

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

It's here, minus the Kendal Cream Flake. I think I'm set with Kendal Plug now.