Page 540 of 540 FirstFirst ... 40440490530538539540
Results 5,391 to 5,398 of 5398

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

Real Name
    Dave

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    2 tins of Sutliff Whimsical a week and a half or so ago

Just ordered 3 tins of the 2022 C&D Small Batch Carolina Red Flake.
    I went ther also, bought 6 tins. Zach, I think you and I are the only people with every vintage of that tobacco! Just took a tin of my untried 2019 out of the freezer, so the first part of the prep is to let it thaw!
    “the limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” Frederick Douglass

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    I went ther also, bought 6 tins. Zach, I think you and I are the only people with every vintage of that tobacco! Just took a tin of my untried 2019 out of the freezer, so the first part of the prep is to let it thaw!
    Dave,

I've only got the 2016, 2020, and 2022 I think. I never did get the few years after the 2016 release. I did get 15 of the Carolina Red Flake w/ Perique from last summer and smoked a whole tin fresh to try it. Great fresh, those other 14 tins will be superb with a few more years of age.
    "Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity."
    - Christopher Morley

Haha. You need to post more - in the last eight days only three members have posted more than once :( I'm not in that group, so also guilty.

Most recent smoke was two days ago - Sutliff 507S in a 1910's Fisherman meer.
    I love everyone here

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by JustScott View Post
    Haha. You need to post more - in the last eight days only three members have posted more than once :( I'm not in that group, so also guilty.

Most recent smoke was two days ago - Sutliff 507S in a 1910's Fisherman meer.
    Yes. We had a death in the family this week, so that has taken my full attention. I'll probably zoom tonight, but likely mostly listen; that's what I did for an hour and a half last week while deleting emails and updating a computer.
    “the limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” Frederick Douglass

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Yes. We had a death in the family this week, so that has taken my full attention.
    My condolences, Dave.
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I put in an order yesterday for some bulk tobacco. The cost of my favorite VA flakes has really made me rethink my pipe smoking and I decided that I can save about 40% on what I'm currently spending by buying tobacco in bulk. There's no such thing as a pressed, aged VA flake in bulk and the bright leaf VA flake would need to age about a year before it would be something that I'd smoke. Two of the bulk blends that I ordered are ones that I already smoke and I'm also returning to a very familiar English mixture. So, later in the week, I'll receive....

...8 oz. Peter Stokkebye Proper English
    ...8 oz. C&D Haunted Bookshop
    ...8 oz. C&D Bayou Morning
    ...and pipe cleaners for stock.

This should last me a while.
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Off the Starboard Beam, Just Over the Horizon!
    Real Name
    John
    Pipe smoker since

U
    Yes. We had a death in the family this week, so that has taken my full attention.
    Aye Dave, sorry for your loss. Praying for comfort.
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to sail her by." - John Masefield

"It is not that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better." — Sir Francis Drake, Sea Captain

Proud Member of the Walrus Club

Visit http://www.reserectedpipes.wordpress.com

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I bought one of these Peterson Halloween 2022 in the 05 calabash shape. The stem and black cauldron shape was really calling to me. I threw in 2 ounces of Kendal Flake along with it.

"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity."
    - Christopher Morley