Page 484 of 485 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485 LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 4842

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

At a nearby bakery sampling their goodies.
    Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Forgot to mention I got some Semois, too.
    Last edited by JimInks; 01-11-2019 at 03:23.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Literally minutes ago...much to my surprise as I didn't expect it until Monday.

10 35gr pouches of Amphora Virginia purchased online from a tobacconist in Buenos Aires earlier this week. Free delivery included. Total cost 2,160 pesos which in real money works out around £45/$58

At a nearby bakery sampling their goodies.
    Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Three pounds of Dunhill Elizabethan Match and two pounds of Sutliff 507-C Slices, the latter I'll age for a few years before I smoke them. The difference is amazing for that blend.

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    Literally minutes ago...much to my surprise as I didn't expect it until Monday.

10 35gr pouches of Amphora Virginia purchased online from a tobacconist in Buenos Aires earlier this week. Free delivery included. Total cost 2,160 pesos which in real money works out around £45/$58

Awesome! I loved seeing how that blend progressively won you over. In my opinion, the best blends usually take a while to warm up to and then they grab ahold of you and never let go. Youíve influenced me to order a pouch myself on my latest tobacco haul. Iím looking forward to trying it. It doesnít have any top dressing that you can taste does it? Iím a fan of the other Amphoraís Iíve tried, so Iím sure Iíll like this one as well, especially since youíve compared it to FVF.
    Last edited by Hawky454; 01-16-2019 at 23:28.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Awesome! I loved seeing how that blend progressively won you over. In my opinion, the best blends usually take a while to warm up to and then they grab ahold of you and never let go. Youíve influenced me to order a pouch myself on my latest tobacco haul. Iím looking forward to trying it. It doesnít have any top dressing that you can taste does it? Iím a fan of the other Amphoraís Iíve tried, so Iím sure Iíll like this one as well, especially since youíve compared it to FVF.
    No top dressing as far as I can detect and I'm pretty suspicious about such things. Definitely worth a try and knowing your taste I'm sure you'll like it.

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts about it anyway Hawky.

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post
    No top dressing as far as I can detect and I'm pretty suspicious about such things. Definitely worth a try and knowing your taste I'm sure you'll like it.

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts about it anyway Hawky.
    Good deal! Iíll post my thoughts in the what are you smoking thread once I get around to it. Should arrive tomorrow or Friday! Nothing better than receiving a big olí box of tobacco in the post.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Good deal! Iíll post my thoughts in the what are you smoking thread once I get around to it. Should arrive tomorrow or Friday! Nothing better than receiving a big olí box of tobacco in the post.
    Look forward to it. I've been finding it an ideal smoke for the hot weather we've been having.

Real Name
    Dave

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

My order from Smoker's Haven arrived this morning, 6 tins of Smokers' Haven Exotique Mixture, and 2 tins Smokers' Haven 20th Anniversary Mixture.

Also this week from Steve Fallon, 3 tins of 2006 GLP Fillmore. They were $16 each, which seemed a very fair price for 12 year old tobacco.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I received my tobacco order earlier consisting of 150g HH Pure VA Flake, 100g GLP Fillmore, and 100g OGS. It's all jarred up and ready to go.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Finally got here... that seemed to take forever!!

1 pound Billy Budd
    1 pouch Amphora Virginia
    1 pouch Velvet (never had it before)
    1 tin MB Burley Flake
    1 tin MB Bold Kentucky (obviously not a big seller this one is dated May 2015! Wish I would have ordered more, think thatís the same date of the one tin I already have cellared, this one is for smoking)
    1 tin Fusilierís Ration
    1 tin Orlik Golden Slice (have a whole bunch in the cellar but didnít want to disturb its slumber, Iím sure you all understand)
    1 tin Low Country Cooper (been wanting to try this one for a long time now as I know Herb loves it)
    1 tin Triple Play
    1 tin Jackknife Plug RR (the RR was an accident, just meant to order a small tin for smoking now)
    1 eight oz tin Jackknife Plug
    1 eight oz tin Maltese Falcon
    1 four oz bag Arango Balkan Supreme

Now what to smoke first??