Page 426 of 426 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426
Results 4,251 to 4,253 of 4253

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgaucho View Post

There has been rumours over the last few years that Condor Flake will be next for the chop.When I was last in the UK and asked for some in a Glasgow tobacconist the woman said ''they've stopped making that'' which shocked me however I did manage to get it elsewhere. That led me to think she'd maybe heard something. The Ready Rubbed is much easier to get hold of. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if the Flake and Plug both disappear soon.
    It'd surprise me, it's still the joint top selling brand along with st. Bruno isn't it? She must of got confused when they closed the gallahers factory in Belfast. I thought all the cuts of condor were being made again, somewhere in Eastern Europe.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    It'd surprise me, it's still the joint top selling brand along with st. Bruno isn't it? She must of got confused when they closed the gallahers factory in Belfast. I thought all the cuts of condor were being made again, somewhere in Eastern Europe.
    I hope you're right Simon as I much prefer the flake to the ready rubbed. What I did notice in 2015 was the lack of outlets selling Condor flake. I eventually had to settle for two 25gr pouches from an Asian run newsagent in Glasgow when I arrived as I couldn't find anyone who sold a 50gr pouch which left me wondering what was going on especially after hearing the lady in the tobacconists comment. Even most of the big supermarkets didn't stock it although they did have ready rubbed. As you know, in Spain, Condor and St Bruno ready rubbed is available rather than the flake.
    I'll find out for myself later this year when we'll be in Spain and Scotland.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Paul

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they were going to change the size to 30 grams (something to do with minimum pack size).Or did I dream it.
    I too hope its not another plug gone