Page 403 of 414 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 4139

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    Boy-oh-boy-oh-boy! Epic. Simply epic. Love it. Just over seven pounds in one fell swoop! Been reading up on Great Dixter and Sissinghurst and can't believe I missed them when I ordered. Be sure to post your thoughts when you get to them, specifically how they compare to Hadde's Best Irish. I'm just gonna go ahead and order some anyways. Probably some Daddy Gefftl as well. You must feel quite content at the moment. Well done, sir, well done.
    Thanks man, it is quite fun to order big hauls like this.

At first light I was pretty disappointed with Great Dixter because it seemed like it was simply just topped with a heavy dose of Geranium (which it is) but there is a little more to it than that and it's growing on me with each bowl. It is very similar to GH&Co's Grasmere Flake but there are subtle differences and I definitely prefer Great Dixter to Grasmere. It's got a very sour thing going on that is really interesting.

I'm about to smoke Sissinghurst right now but if it tastes anything like the tin note I know I'm going to absolutely love it. It smells very similar to the topping on Daddy GefftL, which is immensely satisfying. I'm thinking they might be sister blends with the same topping but different base tobaccos. I'll post my thoughts on it in the "what are you smoking" thread when I can.

Real Name
    Kevin
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

That's a massive order Mr hawky454 ! Super cool !

I just ordered some tins from dtm, oh and a pouch - my very first pouch haha

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    The more I smoke Stonehenge the more I like it.
    Based on the good reviews here, I'm adding a couple of tins to my next order.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ch_bronson View Post

I haven't tried a lot of those but I've been eyeing some. I bet they are all very tasty blends! Good haul my man!

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ch_bronson View Post

I hear good things about St. Bernard and Tumblin' Dice. For some reason those Dan blends are not available in North America. Salty Dogs is good stuff but I found I really had to experiment with how to cut it, pack it, how much to dry it, and which pipe it works best in. Finicky stuff but when you find its sweet spot it really sings, subtle as it may be.

Real Name
    Dave

For some reason those Dan blends are not available in North America.
    Give Former's Straight Grain Flake a try (supposedly the same as St. Bernard). Also Dan Limerick might be worth a try, I've heard good things about it.

sgflake.jpglimerick.jpg

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    Give Former's Straight Grain Flake a try (supposedly the same as St. Bernard). Also Dan Limerick might be worth a try, I've heard good things about it.

sgflake.jpglimerick.jpg
    I'm a regular smoker of Straight Grain Flake and it hits all the right notes for me. SGF has an excellent balance between the Perique and the VAs and provides a deep, rich smoke.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Joe Millar
    Pipe smoker since

Won an unopened 14 oz tin of George Washington pipe tobacco. Anyone know any thing about this baccy. Should I or should I not open it?

Quote Originally Posted by craigmillar View Post
    Won an unopened 14 oz tin of George Washington pipe tobacco. Anyone know any thing about this baccy. Should I or should I not open it?
    I've not heard of it. Who makes it?

Real Name
    Joe Millar
    Pipe smoker since

A J Reynolds it's from the sixties.