Page 501 of 502 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502 LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5016

Thread: What Tobacco Did You Receive Today?

At a nearby bakery sampling their goodies.
    Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Some I bought, some were given to me for reviews, and a few things were given to me for the helluva of it: 7 year old tin of Hamborger Veermaster, 2013 tin of Wessex Campaign Dark Flake, a tin of Plum Pudding (final prototype before 2013 Sutliff production), a tin of Tobacconist Reserve Ltd. Blend 07, (sold only at B&Ms) a tin of Tobacconist Reserve Ltd. Virginia (sold only at B&Ms), a tin of Sutliff Panna Cotta, a pouch of the soon to be released Amphora English, a tin of Cup O' Joes No.23 Anniversary Blend, an old tin of Mac Baren Navy Flake, an old tin of Mac Baren Mixture Flake, 4 tins of Sutliff's Crumble Kake Va.Per, samples of McClelland Deep Hollow and Virginia Woods, a sample of Ashton Black Parrot, a sample of B&B Rasputin's Revenge, an ounce or more of Pebble Castle (made by [USER=18]@Ozark Wizard[/USER] ), big samples of Ken Byron Ventures King Black and Spaghetti Western, and big samples of West's Best Exhumed Virginia, and Mountains of Madness. Plus, a tin of Three Nuns Green, and a 1970s pouch of Revelation.
    Last edited by JimInks; 10-07-2019 at 04:09.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

That's a big haul, Jim! I laughed at some of the names like "Exhumed Virginia" and "Spaghetti Western".
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    That's a big haul, Jim! I laughed at some of the names like "Exhumed Virginia" and "Spaghetti Western".
    So did I!

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

The latest blends from Gawith Hoggarth & Co. hit the shelves, last week. Although the 'Perique Square Cut' is missing from the line up, so I'm guessing it didn't make production.
    Recieved 50g of the new bourbon & perique flakes, along with 50g of the brown house roll. Also got 100g of brown flake & pensioners mixture.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Recently, I got a couple of extra art jobs from Archie, so I used some of the loot to buy the following:

1,500 grams of HU Director's Cut

One 100 grams tin of HU 5th Anniversary

Five tins of Richmond Navy Flake

One pound box of Capstan Blue

Seven 100 grams tins of Makhuwa

Three ounces each of two new Wilke blends for review: Lizzie Blood Virginia, and Gentry Royal Blend #2.
    Last edited by JimInks; 10-15-2019 at 19:22.

Quote Originally Posted by JimInks View Post

One pound box of Capstan Blue
    Very tempted by this at that price (around $53 a pound is a steal), but then there's shipping. Also looking at those Peterson/Dunhill blends and wishing they had more of those HU in bulk bags like the Director's Cut. Would love to see them offer up some others that way like Nashville County, Makhuwa, LA Broken...

For some reason I just popped open a tin of Capstan Blue. Enjoy your stash Jim.
    Bug squasher and retro game fanatic because nostalgia is a powerful thing
    https://www.mamedev.org/

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Very tempted by this at that price (around $53 a pound is a steal), but then there's shipping. Also looking at those Peterson/Dunhill blends and wishing they had more of those HU in bulk bags like the Director's Cut. Would love to see them offer up some others that way like Nashville County, Makhuwa, LA Broken...

For some reason I just popped open a tin of Capstan Blue. Enjoy your stash Jim.
    I don't know how used you are to big orders, but everybody I know does that because you'll certainly come out way ahead that way. Think of it like this: a one pound box or a tin cost about $52.83 and $6.33 respectively. The box is nine tins worth. You'd get your shipping money back right there and more compared to USA prices on Capstan. From there, it's more savings. That's why so many people are doing it.

Yeah, more HU blends in bulk would be great! Take a look at how cheap Salty Dogs and a bag of Limerick are. Amazing!
    Last edited by JimInks; 10-17-2019 at 19:10.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Yes I agree about maximizing the shipping with the order. Ordering stateside you hit the magic dollar amount and the order ships free which doesn't apply here where weight matters. Another good thing about the bulk is the packaging helps, those tins add unwanted weight to the package.

The HU stuff, I seem to recall Dockworker being listed in bulk on Han's site when he was still selling there, but every time I looked to order it was OoS. Seeing Director's Cut in bags is good and promising, maybe we'll see more blends that way.

Yesterday, I popped a tin of Capstan Blue dated Feb. 2015. I've smoked 3-4 bowls from it now and it's OK but nothing I'm looking at cellaring up. Same with the Director's Cut. I've got a few tins of that and just don't like it enough to cellar deep. I'm actually looking more at the Peterson/Dunhill stuff - which btw I'm hearing is very close to being available stateside -, $12.32 for Navy Rolls, $11.90 for the Flake, that's not too bad of a price but then again the shipping, and these guys have heavy tins, haha.
    Bug squasher and retro game fanatic because nostalgia is a powerful thing
    https://www.mamedev.org/

Real Name
    Dave

Just opened a sealed, original P&C shipping box from "the vault"...8 tins of 2015 Dunhill Flake.

Real Name
    Jim (ain't got no) Doe
    Pipe smoker since

Got these Wilke blends for review: Ebony, Balkan, and Black Cavendish, which is unsweetened and meant for blending.

Got a Micoli pipe in a trade for tobacco, and was gifted a Merchant Service "Bing" by the guys who make them. Also, four tins of Carolina Red Flake from a friend.