Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Packing a Pipe

Real Name
    Shaun
    Pipe smoker since
    About 9 years. Give or take a year or so

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Try the 3 pinch method but with only 2 pinches and pack it a bit looser than you think. A pipe should be a lot easier to draw on than a cigarette. Try a few different ways and see what works best for you.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

One approach that I use and may be helpful to others is that I "test draw" the pipe at several points while packing. This allows for an adjustment or for a complete repack prior to lighting. I also use the "pic" on my pipe tool in order to push tobacco away from the draught hole or to poke and loosen a tight pack.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Since using the Royal Yacht it's been a lot better packing wise and also keeping lit, i have gone back to the 3 layer method and although i haven't properly nailed the method i am actually enjoying the pipe more and am enjoying the Royal Yacht a lot more than the Condor, and on the plus side it's staying lit a lot longer without me puffing like a train.
    Thanks for the advice and support it's been much appreciated, now to get back to my hunting of Dr Grabows in the UK :)

Wiz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123