Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Personal favorite pipe brand names..?

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

As far as smoke ability is concerned for factory made pipes, here are my favorites:

Brebbia--one of the most underrated pipes there are out there. I have never had a Brebbia I didn't like, and I probably have a dozen, vintage and new. All good smokers
    Peterson--mostly vintage examples, but, again, a workhorse of a pipe.

Artisan makers:
    Todd Bannard--I have 2 BST's and they are both in my top 10 as far as smoking qualities
    Marek Kando--I probably have close to 7 of his pipes and they all smoke amazing.
    Mark Stout--One of my favorite pipes, a Brandy Anse Nosewarmer, is also one of my best smokers
    Last edited by Sorringowl; 08-06-2016 at 16:52.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

When we moved here to Ohio I began buying all new and a few estate pipes. I've also been gifted a few as well. I have a couple of Petes, Stanwells, Savinellis, a Don Carlos, an Amorelli, and an MM General cobwarden. The one that I feel a real affinity for, and look forward to smoking, is the first new pipe bought when we moved...the Pete Rosslare smooth billiard. It's had a re-stem since then, but the "106" shape is a good billiard size for me.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Jesse Silver
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Factory Pipe:
    Barling, hands down. When I started smoking the old Barling pipes, the Dunhills,except for 3 really exceptional smokers, went in the drawer.
    Kaywoodie - Great pipes!

Artisan:
    Paul Tatum - love his whimsical take on pipes coupled with the excellent draw.
    Tony Fillenwarth - great pipes, open draw, love his wax drip pipes of which I've commissioned two.
    Ryan Alden - excellent craftsmanship.

Registered Member
    Pipe smoker since
    1970-75 then again 2016

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Flame my butt! Go ahead. I've been away from pipes a long long time and just returned and damned if I don't STILL like my......oh, I can't say it....

But....

Medico with filters.

Real Name
    Sonny
    Pipe smoker since
    Since 2016

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

As I have not been smoking pipes for very long at all, my collection is quite small...but so far I am quite happy with my very large WDC Wellingtons (I have 3), a Medico V.F.Q and a Thermofilter (both of which I picked up online as a small estate lot of 6 pipes).

The VFQ is very similar to the one Greg Wolford worked on here "rebornpipes.com/2014/06/27/medico-vfq-save-this-old-pipe-project" Except the bowl has a bit more flare-out at the top. It will be a work project (having the same kind of issues he did, so I am glad someone took the plunge before me...)

The Thermofilter is a bulldog style with the long saddle stem...Not a lot of info on this one (seems like always get the obscure, out-of-the-ordinary ones), Another one that will be a project pipe, but for now, good for a nice evening smoke.
    Take care and check six!

McGyver

"If it ain't broke, you haven't tried hard enough yet"

Pipe Smoking - The next Extreme Sport - Where else can you take something that can cost almost as much as a car, fill it with combustible material, and light it on fire...for enjoyment!

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

My pipe collection amassed over the 40+ years amounts to 2 Falcons a bent and a straight, 1 Alco, 1 Peterson Standard and a sandblast Zulu Bewlay....yes, I'm a bit tight fisted when it comes to splashing the cash on pipes.
    The Peterson Standard has given me nothing but trouble so is rarely used. The Falcon bent is the one I use the most as it always gives a good smoke, is easy to maintain and can be replaced cheaply if lost or broken.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    Pipe smoker since
    On and off for 43 years

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

For Me it's Preben Holm and a Peterson.

Jon

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

For me, it's the 'house of comoy'. Matched by many, but bettered by none.

PSU Member

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Rads, Quagliatas, Beckers, KWs and Dunnies spring to mind. But I love most all of them. Sometimes the real cheapy beat up ones give me the most pleasure too, especially old random estates.

hp
    les

Real Name
    Joe Millar
    Pipe smoker since

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I like the shell best not a great one for the dressed stanwell and vauen have a series of dressed not my cup of tea

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast