• Perique

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TotM Revisited

Real Name
    Mark Domingues

I'm going to my B&M sat. For a Va. blend. Can you give me directions to the Wooden Match from Houston?

Re: TotM Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by lestrout View Post
    Joined the crowd on VA. Since a bunch of us are geographically near, why not mix this in with a 'Tabagie', and do a face to face comparison? If there were three of us, each with a different fave VA, we could do the same 3 bowls and talk our thoughts through? There is a small group that gets together at The Wooden Match in Bethlehem (see PM).

hp
    les
    I may be able to do a meet and greet....they are closer to me than Boswell's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    "I am a mystery wrapped inside of a riddle wrapped inside of an enigma"

Have some time to spare...wanna look at pics...visit: www.psaphotos.com

PSU Member

Of course, another possibility is Morley's Pipe Club, which has met every month for decades in downtown Philly.

hp
    les

Real Name
    Schwartz
    Pipe smoker since

TotM Revisited

I'm actually in VA (laughing) so I'll try to get my hands on a VA and do my own review to post. (Ehm... Unless others in VA want to get together and do our own VA meet&greet and compare VA's in VA ASAP..Lol. What? Just putting it out there.

Ok sooo... If your new to pipe smoking like me and can't recall every detail you read about the different types out there here is a VA cheat sheet if you will:
    Virginia: -red / black / lemon / orange / orange-red – Virginia is by far the most popular tobacco type used in pipe tobacco today. About 60% of the American tobacco crop is Virginia. Virginia is the mildest of all blending tobaccos and has the highest level of natural dextrose (sugar), which basicly gives it a light sweet taste. Virginia is used in virtually all blends, is a good burner and aids in lighting.

The mildest of all blending tobaccos, it has the highest natural sugar content. Used in virtually all blends as it is a good burner and aids in lighting. It imparts a light sweet taste when used in moderation

Pure Virginia tobacco is best known from flake types. Dunhill’s Light Flake is a very good example. Medium in strength and rather sweet in taste. Several blends by Rattray comes into mind. Marlin Flake being a rather heavy member of the family, but still very sweet. The Danish manufacturer A&C Petersen has the Blue Caledonian. Mild to medium in strength, and a nice pure taste of Virginia tobacco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Savineli616KS; 07-13-2016 at 23:31.
    I am the culmination of my actions; nothing more, nothing less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12