Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning of Potential Scammer - Kyle Black

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Warning of Potential Scammer - Kyle Black

Thanks to Tobacco Days for allowing me to share this much important warning:

Sept 1, 2013,

Our hobby seems to be suffering from a minor infestation, and if so, its name is Kyle Black. Kyle Black has apparently scammed, or attempted to scam, a number of people in the hobby, and the way the works is simple. He faithfully completes a transaction with each one of his marks, thus establishing trust.

This is easy to do because we are basically a trusting lot, & with good reason; we rarely have a scoundrel among us.

After this successful transaction, Kyle Black (and he has used his father, Hallard Black, as a straw man in at least one transaction) initiates another transaction, getting the victim to send the pipe, or tobacco, to him before Kyle sends his promised money, or pipe(s) as trade. At this point, Kyle does not complete his end of the deal. The victim is left without any compensation. In my case, I sent 4 tins of 100 gram size of a Drucquer's tobacco, one of which, at least, is now for sale on eBay, which means that whoever buys it is buying stolen merchandise.

Among his victims, or proposed victims, are: myself and others that I know about, but who's consent to use their names I haven't received yet.

In order to prevent his successful use of an alias, Kyle Black functions out of the Houston Texas area, which I suspect includes League City, TX, the address I have for him.

It might be wise to skip any business opportunities with Kyle
    Black.
    Marty
    "I am a mystery wrapped inside of a riddle wrapped inside of an enigma"

Have some time to spare...wanna look at pics...visit: www.psaphotos.com
    ...to the topTop

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

This is what I'm posting all around the net:

There is a clown that goes by the name of "Kyle Black" who claims to be a "High Speed Marine". He has been ripping off members of the pipe community for at least three years now. He ripped off a huge "box pass" on another forum and used the excuse that he was being deployed "on a secret mission" and he would make good once he got back.....pfftttt that never happened.

Fast forward to last week, I noticed a seller on E-Bay using the name "Kyle Black" selling these items: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Larry-Roush-...vip=true&rt=nc

---and---

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drucquers-an...vip=true&rt=nc

Well.....it turns out that the tin of Drucquers was stolen from MARTY PULVER and the Roush pipe was apparently stolen from LARRY ROUSH! "Mr. Black" scammed them and tried to sell the items on E-Bay!!! If yoy bought anything from "KYLE BLACK", YOU HAVE PURCHASED STOLEN MERCHANDISE!!!! (If he even sent it to you. His M.O. is rip offs on both ends of a transaction!)

Please read what Marty just posted on his site:

SELLER'S BEWARE!!!! of MR. BLACK

Posted by Marty Pulvers of PulversBriar.com
    Good Info to Share & Share.

Sept 1, 2013,

Our hobby seems to be suffering from a minor infestation, and if so,
    its name is Kyle Black. Kyle Black has apparently scammed, or attempted to scam, a number of people in the hobby, and the way
    he works is simple. He faithfully completes a transaction with each
    one of his marks, thus establishing trust.
    This is easy to do because we are basically a trusting lot, & with
    good reason; we rarely have a scoundrel among us.
    After this successful transaction, Kyle Black (and he has used his
    father, Hallard Black, as a straw man in at least
    one transaction) initiates another transaction, getting the victim to
    send the pipe, or tobacco, to him before Kyle sends his promised
    money, or pipe(s) as trade. At this point, Kyle does not complete his
    end of the deal. The victim is left without any compensation. In my
    case, I sent 4 tins of 100 gram size of a Drucquer's tobacco, one of
    which, at least, is now for sale on eBay, which means that whoever
    buys it is buying stolen merchandise.
    Among his victims, or proposed victims, are: myself, Rodrigo
    Garza of Treasure Pipes, Larry Roush, Dan Benson, a customer
    of mine and Larry's and others that I know about, but who's
    consent to use their names I haven't received yet.
    In order to prevent his successful use of an alias, Kyle
    Black functions out of the Houston Texas area, which I
    suspect includes League City, TX, the address I have for him.
    It might be wise to skip any business opportunities with Kyle
    Black.
    Marty

If anyone on this board has done business with "KYLE BLACK" from Texas, please PM me ASAP!!! I am looking into fixing this guy once and for all. He has stepped into the realm of Federal charges. He done messed up this time.......
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Herb Craven
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I don't want to publicly post all the obscenities I have in mind for this son of a bitch, but thank you for bringing him to people's attention, Paul. His name should be mud the world over, and he should probably be prosecuted for internet/mail fraud...

Back when Jeff and I were on another forum this #*%&! got on the list for a box pass the forum did, somewhere in the middle, so, pipe smokers being the generous people they are, the box was getting pretty heavy by the time it made it's way to his door. Upon receipt, he mysteriously vanished from the forum for a period far exceeding his allotted time with the box, and naturally people got suspicious. After about two weeks, he shows up, claiming to be a member of "black ops", and saying that he was called up on short notice for some secret squirrel maneuvers, and that the box would return to circulation shortly. Needless to say, it never did. God love 'em, Jeff and the other mods put together a replacement box and sent it off to the next guy on the list (our own Whalehead King, if memory serves) to begin circulating it again. So yeah, this guy is scum of the earth, the biggest sleazebag I've ever met online, in fact, and he stole from people I know AND lied about being a member of the military. His eBay profile shows similar behavior since, with several sellers saying that he never paid for goods he won at auction (I hope for their sakes that they didn't already ship them). Avoid him at all cost, and warn all of your pipe smoking friends. Rest assured that if we ever catch him poking around here, he'll be run out of town on a rail.
    Last edited by HCraven; 09-02-2013 at 18:05.
    Herb

Proud member of the Walrus Club
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Chiz

Yikes. What stone do these people live under?
    Chiz
    Which in sleep had fallen on you-
    Ye are many — they are few.
    ...to the topTop

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Wow. The older I get the more I no longer care if there's a Heaven or not. But I WANT there to be a Hell.

Apologies to any whose religious sensibilities I may have offended. Not my intention.
    Billy
    --------
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I viewed the Drucquers tobacco online. Can we all just e-mail him on E-Bay and tell him to give it back to its rightful owner. Or is there any ebay communication that we can contact to report stolen goods?
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Jeff
    Pipe smoker since
    Nineteen Hundred Eighty and Seven

This guy has been plaguing forums for years……….
    We had trouble with him when I moded on PSF a
    few years back. He'll find us sooner or later...
    Jeff
    __--____
    "what ever turns you on Cup Cake…."
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Herb Craven
    Pipe smoker since

Bill, with any luck he's left enough of an electronic trail at this point that the authorities should be on to him. Our box pass incident aside, it doesn't seem like you're going to get away with stealing from people like Marty Pulver or Larry Roush without them pressing charges.
    Herb

Proud member of the Walrus Club
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    John
    Pipe smoker since
    Now and again since 1977.

Thanks for the warning, that's what I like about the pipe community, we watch out for each other.
    Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...
    ...to the topTop

Well, the more his name gets out there, the harder it will be for him. Just have to watch for aliases. Be nice if we could track his IP addy.

Even though as somebody said earlier, bad apples are few and far between...this is one reason I'm not a huge fan of box passes.
    Last edited by Paul; 09-02-2013 at 23:40.
    "I am a mystery wrapped inside of a riddle wrapped inside of an enigma"

Have some time to spare...wanna look at pics...visit: www.psaphotos.com
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast