Thread: Can I Display More Than 5 Recent Posts/Threads?

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Can I Display More Than 5 Recent Posts/Threads?

I've looked around for an answer to this, but is it possible to display more than just 5 most recent posts and 5 most recent threads? I'm talking about when you just click on Forums and the most recent updates appear on the left-hand side of the screen.

On PM forums, for example, I can see maybe 20 of the most recently updated threads all on one page. Is there a similar functionality here on PSU?

Real Name
    Herb Craven
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Sure thing. If you click the "What's New" button in the top row, it shows you the Activity Stream, i.e. recent posts. Just below that button is the "New Posts" link, which shows a list of the most recently updated threads, the traditional view for most forums. You can always set a bookmark to either of those locations if you prefer. Even I often forget that they're there, and when it gets busy, the most recent five posts don't tell you much.
    Herb

Proud member of the Walrus Club

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

That's great. Many thanks, Herb.

Real Name
    Dave

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Can we set this so it shows the posts since the last time the member logged in? I think it's set to the last posts while the member has been logged in. I logged in to SF.UK yesterday (they're running the same version of vB) and because I hadn't been logged in over there for a long time, it was showing me 500 New Posts, so it can be done.