Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Dominion - Laughing King review

Real Name
    Andrew
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Those look like a good size cob Pat i may try one. perfect for what you said "testing blends that possibly ghost"

Real Name
    Mike
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I'll paraphrase my response to the seller of mine. Big chunk on right hand side next to mortise. Numerous shavings clinging to inside and outside of bowl. When I went to clean the residue up with a bristle pipe cleaner, it went right through bowl bottom. Stem was undersized at inlet and came out constantly.
    To their credit, purchase price was refunded to my account. I then set about rebuilding it and not getting on with the stem at all, I fitted a mouthpiece to it. I also fit a yellow sheath (from wire insulation) over the shank. Then added a little Meer dust to the chinked spot, inlet and mudded the bottom. I increased the inside diameter by .010 and finally ended up with a smokeable pipe. (Sorry, I don't have pic capability).
    With the addition of the mouthpiece, it is now a semi Churchwarden and smokes decently. This business is mainly grinders of cornmeal and the cobs are a by product they decided to make money on.
    They've found a niche market, but judging by my example, quality control needs an upgrade.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Old Dominion cob pipes seem to have disappeared from some retailer's offerings, but their website is still up.

http://www.olddominionpipe.com
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12