Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BPSC & UK Pipe/Tobacco Show Pictures

Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklin Bill View Post
    Love the "Bothy Flake"
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    Looks like a good crowd! Matron, you are going to have to tell us about Bothy Flake. I didn't realize Chris Askwith made a "Hand Finished" line. Great pictures.
    Hi Bill/Dave,

Well spotted chaps! 'Bothy Flake' is a collaborative project between Samuel Gawith and the Kearvaig Pipe Club (with Bob Gregory of SG doing all the hard work); so I obviously have to declare an interest.

A few pre-release tins were on sale at the event but went very quickly. However, the official launch of this tobacco will be at the German Pipe Show in September, and it will ultimately go on sale worldwide. It is entirely made by SG and is a virginia flake with a condiment amount of Latakia, lightly topped with a whisky flavour. The picture on the tin is Kearvaig Bothy on the north coast of Scotland. The basic idea of the blend was to capture the essence of what a Scottish Bothy is all about - hence the slight smokiness and whisky. I will leave it for others to comment on how it smokes!

Cheers,

Matron
    Founding member of The Kearvaig Pipe Club, "The place for chaps who like a smoke on the wild side."

http://kearvaigpipeclub.co.uk/

Real Name
    Dave

Wow, I must say that sounds good!!!

Real Name
    Mark Smith
    Pipe smoker since

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Matron View Post
    Hi Bill/Dave,

Well spotted chaps! 'Bothy Flake' is a collaborative project between Samuel Gawith and the Kearvaig Pipe Club (with Bob Gregory of SG doing all the hard work); so I obviously have to declare an interest.

A few pre-release tins were on sale at the event but went very quickly. However, the official launch of this tobacco will be at the German Pipe Show in September, and it will ultimately go on sale worldwide. It is entirely made by SG and is a virginia flake with a condiment amount of Latakia, lightly topped with a whisky flavour. The picture on the tin is Kearvaig Bothy on the north coast of Scotland. The basic idea of the blend was to capture the essence of what a Scottish Bothy is all about - hence the slight smokiness and whisky. I will leave it for others to comment on how it smokes!

Cheers,

Matron
    was lucky enough to try a sample and i must say i really enjoyed it! i will be getting a tin if i get the chance

Real Name
    Glynn Quelch
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hey guys, been a while. i am just uploaded a collection of images to the pipeshow website. Alan, Iain almost didnt get the Samuel Gawith bag, they sent that to me when i was making the goody bags. It will make a great pipe and tobacco case for holidays, a few bits of elastic and i can hold 10 pipes and 5 tins of tobacco.

http://pipeshow.co.uk/contest/britis...ionships-2014/
    Last edited by mrtobacco; 07-17-2014 at 10:25.

Real Name
    Herb Craven
    Pipe smoker since

Looks like a fine time was had by all. Thanks for sharing, Glynn!
    Herb

Proud member of the Walrus Club

Real Name
    Dan

cheers for the pics Glynn, was good to meet you again.......was a great day

Real Name
    Glynn Quelch
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bfg1984 View Post
    cheers for the pics Glynn, was good to meet you again.......was a great day
    Like wise mate, it was a mad day from my side of things. But worth all the stress of trying to get my suppliers on board! We have BIG plans for next year, so keep you eye open everyone. I dont think we can compete with Chicago yet, but we are working on it!

Real Name
    Dan

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtobacco View Post
    Like wise mate, it was a mad day from my side of things. But worth all the stress of trying to get my suppliers on board! We have BIG plans for next year, so keep you eye open everyone. I dont think we can compete with Chicago yet, but we are working on it!
    All ready looking forward to it!!! let us know the dates as soon as you do, I do not want to miss it

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by mrtobacco View Post
    Hey guys, been a while. i am just uploaded a collection of images to the pipeshow website. Alan, Iain almost didnt get the Samuel Gawith bag, they sent that to me when i was making the goody bags. It will make a great pipe and tobacco case for holidays, a few bits of elastic and i can hold 10 pipes and 5 tins of tobacco.

http://pipeshow.co.uk/contest/britis...ionships-2014/
    Oh, to have been there! Looks like it was a wonderful time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast