Page 556 of 564 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 5631

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Taking advantage of the nice Summer morning out on the deck. Things are supposed to heat up later and the sun's about to take over out back so it's time to move out front where I'm doubly shaded by the covered porch and big old Maple tree. Clouds take over tomorrow and Tuesday's forecast is for the remnants of Barry to drop some rain our way.

PH Golden Sliced in a CG and the last of the morning coffee on the ready.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Afternoon, Cobbers! I moved the workshop furniture around so the shabby loveseat is against the wall next to the doorway for the rest of the Summer giving me a better view of the sky. It also allows me to drag out the bench mounted table saw so that I can get a board cut for the clothesline install. Before I start, I'm going to fill the MM Washington cob up with some Shop Mix and crank up the volume on the streaming rock oldies Pandora station. Just a swallow of coffee left on the side. Time to make sawdust and noise!
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Good Afternoon, Cobbers! I moved the workshop furniture around so the shabby loveseat is against the wall next to the doorway for the rest of the Summer giving me a better view of the sky. It also allows me to drag out the bench mounted table saw so that I can get a board cut for the clothesline install. Before I start, I'm going to fill the MM Washington cob up with some Shop Mix and crank up the volume on the streaming rock oldies Pandora station. Just a swallow of coffee left on the side. Time to make sawdust and noise!
    Have you taken a look at Saturn in the night sky the last couple of nights?

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    Have you taken a look at Saturn in the night sky the last couple of nights?
    No, but I'll take a look with my binoculars. What's the best viewing time?
    Russ

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    No, but I'll take a look with my binoculars. What's the best viewing time?
    When it's dark...

No, when the moon is up. I was outside from 9-midnight last night, it's very clearly visible.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    When it's dark....
    Got it, wise guy.
    Russ

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good morning everyone. 2005 SG Brown No.4 Twist in a Mark Twain and coffee. If that don't get me moving I'm likely dead. I popped this one open the other day And after 15 years in the tin it's still plenty moist. Smooth, yet strong all in one. Good, good, yeah.

The daughter is in from Cali and the neighbor downstairs is out for Texas. Daughter arrived for a week's visit yesterday morning, so good to see her again after a few years. The neighbor, who has been drinking heavily since his wife and kids left him, is headed for rehab in Texas.

Have a great day everyone.

Real Name
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Good morning everyone. 2005 SG Brown No.4 Twist in a Mark Twain and coffee. If that don't get me moving I'm likely dead. I popped this one open the other day And after 15 years in the tin it's still plenty moist. Smooth, yet strong all in one. Good, good, yeah.

The daughter is in from Cali and the neighbor downstairs is out for Texas. Daughter arrived for a week's visit yesterday morning, so good to see her again after a few years. The neighbor, who has been drinking heavily since his wife and kids left him, is headed for rehab in Texas.

Have a great day everyone.
    Enjoy your daughter's visit Corndog! My D#1 lived in Los Angeles for five years; it was hard on the old man.
    I can resist anything but temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbass View Post
    Enjoy your daughter's visit Corndog! My D#1 lived in Los Angeles for five years; it was hard on the old man.
    Indeed. And with the passing years and my advancing age who knows, this could be the last time I see her.

So the girls went out shopping leaving me home alone other than my son who's holed up in his room. With the neighbor's sudden departure it's eerily quiet around here which is a good thing. I took advantage of the situation by sitting on my butt smoking a nice bowl of 2006 SG KCF in the Peterson Lakeland pipe. Yeah, it's not a cob and this is the what's in your cob thread, but why switch threads when my next smoke will be in a cob anyway, haha, and speaking of, it's ready to go. That being PH Curly Block in a Cobbler.

Up before the women and the heatwave, smoking a big bowl of Semois in a Freehand. Coffee on the side.