Page 476 of 532 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 5315

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Top of the morning all. AC is still humming along and my crypto miners are back online, happy days are here again. Now smoking a big bowl of C&D Night Train in a General, fresh coffee on the side.

Last evening I had my first bowl of Peacehaven generously gifted my way by a fellow forum member, thanks Bill. The flakes were mostly broken, so I just stuffed a Diplomat Apple and went to town. An iced cold glass of Coca-Cola on the side. Burns easy with just a few relights along the way. Early impressions are of a slightly floral and coconut like light topping, coconut dominates my taste buds the first 1/3 of the bowl. Crazy as that may sound that's what I got, haha. Mid way through the profile changed into what I would best describe as a light Capstan Blue, sort of Juicy Fruity if you will. Near the end I got a sweet tea like flavor. A decent VA and I'll be smoking more with my afternoon iced tea which I think will pair with this quite nicely.

I wasn't expecting coconut, but that's what I came away with after just one bowl. I like coconut, so I like this baccy. YMMV. Thanks Bill

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Afternoon, Cobbers! Enjoying a deep bowl of the Rockbass-aged Haunted Bookshop in the General cobwarden before lunch. Still working on that coffee on the side.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Long day, just now finished having my much needed 2nd bowl of the day. PH GS in a Country Gent hit the spot. Central AC is dead again, window unit is back on, and dealing with some other issues I won't bore you all with. Thought hard about having a drink today but resisted. I'll be one year sober on the 4th of July, Independence Day and I don't want to mess that up. It's amazing how relaxing a great bowl of baccy can be and without the hangover what's not to love And they say smoking is bad for your health.

Have a great night/day all.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Good Afternoon, Cobbers! I'm browsing the Rockbass-aged Haunted Bookshop in the General cobwarden before heading in for lunch. Still working on that coffee on the side.
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Just finished a small bowl of Peacehaven in a Cobbit Dwarf. I was mistaken in my comparison to Capstan Blue, it's Erinmore Flake Juicy Fruity. I'm going to say it's a lighter Erinmore Flake with hints of coconut. Or maybe I'm the nut. Thanks again Bill for the generous sample.

After dinner desert is McCranie's Red Flake '08 in a Great Dane Egg, iced tea on the side. Have a great evening all.

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

2016 Haunted Bookshop in a Twain. The smoke.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by p120d16y View Post
    2016 Haunted Bookshop in a Twain. The smoke.
    I find that it's best with some age, too. Great!
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Morning everyone. Well after another visit from the Landlord who this time cleaned the A-coil, and a visit from a real heating and AC man who found a leak and filled the freon, the central AC is back in action. And not a moment too soon as we are under a heat advisory. It's going to be a hot and muggy weekend.

Took advantage of the early morning breeze and smoked a Diplomat Apple full of Newminster #403 Round Slices with my first mug of coffee. Getting ready to fill a Cobbler with some PH GS for round two. The wife has a big jug of sun tea awaiting mother nature's magic on the deck. I can't help but wonder how much baccy that jar would hold. Stay cool out there.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Morning everyone. Well after another visit from the Landlord who this time cleaned the A-coil, and a visit from a real heating and AC man who found a leak and filled the freon, the central AC is back in action. And not a moment too soon as we are under a heat advisory. It's going to be a hot and muggy weekend.
    Hooray for a/c!
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching