Page 491 of 526 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 5252

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good early morning all. Up with the chickens here and ready to start my day off with a Cobbler, SG Kendal Plug, and a fresh pot of Peet's.

About to have a 50/50 mix of aged FVF and aged Kendal Plug in a Cobbler, more of that wonderful Peet's on the side and a couple of updates.

The wife is heading out soon to pick up a few things for the customized cobber, the hairline crack in the shank has been sealed, and I'm looking forward to the end result there. My Grab Bag Bones pipe from Chris Morgan is due to arrive today, looking forward to that as well. And my latest baccy order is on the way minus the 1 pound box of aged SG Kendal Cream Flake. It was opened and inspected and the report I got was it was very dry. Smokable maybe, maybe a bit of hydrating would help, but I've never had to hydrate a SG blend so I opted out. I still have some aged KCF as is, and more FVF, BBF, KP, and some Savinelli - Doblone d'Oro are speeding their way to my cellar now.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Time to head inside for an early lunch and then I'll get to work clearing what I can off of the deck and take down the clothes line and a plant hanger attatched to it. A bowl of Haunted Bookshop in the Washington cob will help me out. I need to get it all done before the England vs Croatia match this afternoon!
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

I've got a MM Pride and a pouch of Carter Hall and a handful of pipe cleaners on the ready. Going to sit out front and smoke the morning away. I'm really liking this CH, it gets better every time I smoke it. Sometimes the simple pleasures in life are the most rewarding.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    I've got a MM Pride and a pouch of Carter Hall and a handful of pipe cleaners on the ready. Going to sit out front and smoke the morning away. I'm really liking this CH, it gets better every time I smoke it. Sometimes the simple pleasures in life are the most rewarding.
    I've smoked a lot of CH in the past and it's my favorite codger blend.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Up before the chickens today. Insomnia? Or just the fact I like the peace and tranquility of the wee hours?? Earlier, and in the calm of the sleeping town I enjoyed a bowl of Newminster #403 in a MM Dagner Cob.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    I've smoked a lot of CH in the past and it's my favorite codger blend.
    I'm craving a bowl now. I get a slight licorice hit from this one and quite like it. I may have to seek out a tub.

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Carter Hall in a Twain, coffee back and hot on the side. As noted above I looked for a tub of CH online. It's actually cheaper for me to buy the 1.5 oz. pouches at the local smoke shop where I can get them for $2.99 a pouch. Of course there's tax on top of that where as online there's no tax, for now anyway. But I still think that's a great price and happy to support the local shop.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Trying out some of the Corndog GH Dark Plug in the Washington cob, some coffee still left on the side.
    Russ

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Trying out some of the Corndog GH Dark Plug in the Washington cob, some coffee still left on the side.
    Be patient with it, Russ. It is a bit of a nic-handful until you get used to it. I tend to smoke it only after dinner - Anthony is hardier than I am!

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Be patient with it, Russ. It is a bit of a nic-handful until you get used to it. I tend to smoke it only after dinner - Anthony is hardier than I am!
    As a good plug should be, Chris!
    Russ