Page 460 of 460 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460
Results 4,591 to 4,599 of 4599

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    The Charles Town Cobbler was an easy choice. I'm about to fill it with some Curly Block for the inaugural smoke.
    Congrats on your new cob, Corndog! That one was sold out for a time and I'm glad you had a chance to pick one up and right from MM's new shop, too.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Thank Russ.

Yeah, it's pretty cool having them open right down the street. I've been here about 4 years now, you have no idea how badly I wanted to see this. And it's refreshing to see someone open in these times when others are closing shop. In addition to cobs they're selling tobacco - not a great selection but all the MM blends and lots of C&D - and other accessories like pipe cleaners. And I'm getting low on pipe cleaners! They have a nice little covered porch for smoking, Dan mentioned plans to expand with a bar, I'll be down there as much as I can. Maybe they'll let me sweep the floor for cobs.

I'm loving the Charles Town Cobbler. I love the taste of fresh corn. I'm gonna have to get another.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

They have a nice little covered porch for smoking, Dan mentioned plans to expand with a bar, I'll be down there as much as I can.
    Goodness gracious, Corndog! Not only do you have the best manufacturer of cob pipes in the world down the street, but maybe with a pub, too? A cob smoker's dream!
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Goodness gracious, Corndog! Not only do you have the best manufacturer of cob pipes in the world down the street, but maybe with a pub, too? A cob smoker's dream!
    Hah, yeah...well...I haven't had a drink in almost a year. July 4th of last year to be exact. But as long as they serve soft drinks I'm in.

Burned two and half bowls* of Curly Block through the new Cobber. I really, really like this cob. I like the Apple Diplomat and the Country Gent and have several of each. The bowl on this Charles Town fits in well with those and could easily become my favorite. And the acrylic bit is awesome, it's like getting a forever stem stock and makes it worth the price IMO. I heard they had some issues with tenons on the first run that caused some problems but mine is all good. Nice being able to just walk in and hand pick.

So I'm going back and getting a few more while the getting's good and they're going right into the cob rotation. Might even pick up a Carolina Gent and some baccy while I'm there. Loving this cob shop in my backyard thing.

*ran out of prepped Curly. That issue has now been addressed and since I had the chopping block out, some Strang is now drying along with some slices of 11 year old Kendal Plug, yummy!

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Afternoon, Cobbers! I finished up my indoor chores, sharpened my wife's garden hand clippers, and am now getting slowly ready to pull weeds out of our rear flower bed. I'll have to wear leather work gloves because these are the kind of weeds with sharp needles that will rip up my hands. Ouch! The Three Friars in the Washington 5th Ave. will be supervising me, so it's time get up and get going.
    Russ

Ended up with two more Charles Town Cobbers, a pouch of MM Missouri Pride (VaBur), and a tin of C&D Sansepolcro. And dammit, I forgot the pipe cleaners. Guess I'll have to make the walk again tomorrow.

Look! One has a nickel band and a slightly taller bowl. Could be a factory oopsie? Marilyn was just as puzzled as me. All I know is they only had the two left out front (probably more in back) and now they have zero.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Ended up with two more Charles Town Cobbers, a pouch of MM Missouri Pride (VaBur), and a tin of C&D Sansepolcro. And dammit, I forgot the pipe cleaners. Guess I'll have to make the walk again tomorrow.

Look! One has a nickel band and a slightly taller bowl. Could be a factory oopsie? Marilyn was just as puzzled as me. All I know is they only had the two left out front (probably more in back) and now they have zero.

Way to go, Corndog! You get to pick out the best. Nice.
    Russ

Real Name
    John
    Pipe smoker since
    Now and again since 1977.

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Altadis Holiday Mixture Match in a MM Diplomat.
    Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...