Page 492 of 496 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 4960

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

What happens when you awake at 3AM? A cat nap before noon of course. And I'm happy to say last week's weather forecast for late this week has been downgraded a bit. I love it when they're wrong in my favor. It's still hot, just not any worse than it has been so I'll return to the shade of the deck soon with a Cobbler, OGS, and tea iced tea. I may even take a stroll down to the riverfront and sit a spell there before the weekend crowd takes over. My pride will be packed with CH for that.

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Be patient with it, Russ. It is a bit of a nic-handful until you get used to it. I tend to smoke it only after dinner - Anthony is hardier than I am!
    I'm very nic tolerant. And I love the way it slaps you in the head early in the day.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Be patient with it, Russ. It is a bit of a nic-handful until you get used to it. I tend to smoke it only after dinner - Anthony is hardier than I am!
    My cig habit was a little better that a pack a day when I dropped them, Chris. That went a long way to build up my tolerance. I could drink a cup of hot nicotine and not think twice about it.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    My cig habit was a little better that a pack a day when I dropped them, Chris. That went a long way to build up my tolerance. I could drink a cup of hot nicotine and not think twice about it.
    Had a yardmaster that chewed during my RR days. He would sit and drink coffee in one cup and spit in another. Sometimes, he'd get busy and forget which cup was which, haha.

But yeah, I've been a heavy smoker all my life so not much of anything knocks me down. Haven't heard back from Russ though, hope he's got his color back by now.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Had a yardmaster that chewed during my RR days. He would sit and drink coffee in one cup and spit in another. Sometimes, he'd get busy and forget which cup was which, haha.

But yeah, I've been a heavy smoker all my life so not much of anything knocks me down. Haven't heard back from Russ though, hope he's got his color back by now.
    I smoked it with no problem, just can't go full- throttle with strong plugs. Back in my shipyard days, I used to chew a lot. I would find an out-of the-way place to spit, but the welders complained that I always seemed to spit where they needed to get in and work.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    I smoked it with no problem, just can't go full- throttle with strong plugs. Back in my shipyard days, I used to chew a lot. I would find an out-of the-way place to spit, but the welders complained that I always seemed to spit where they needed to get in and work.
    Good to hear you made it through, nothing at all wrong with half throttle, slow and easy is my life now, heh.

Had a second bowl in my new Bones pipe, ran a full bowl of CH through her this time.

Now back to the cob and a bowl of PH Golden Sliced before settling in for the evening and a movie. The wife and son are wanting to watch "A Quiet Place". I like quiet, so I'm all in. Have a great evening everyone.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Had a second bowl in my new Bones pipe, ran a full bowl of CH through her this time.

Now back to the cob and a bowl of PH Golden Sliced before settling in for the evening and a movie. The wife and son are wanting to watch "A Quiet Place". I like quiet, so I'm all in. Have a great evening everyone.
    Since you're primarily a cob smoker, CD, what blends (if any) do you find perform better in briar? I'm interested because I'm usually hearing this sort of thing from the opposite perspective.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Happy Friday the 13th morning all. Starting my day off with Solani ABF in a Diplomat Apple and a fresh pot of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    Since you're primarily a cob smoker, CD, what blends (if any) do you find perform better in briar? I'm interested because I'm usually hearing this sort of thing from the opposite perspective.
    I can't say there's anything that smokes better in either a cob or a briar. I just smoke what I like and most times that's in a cob because they make up most of what I have.

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Posting now as a trip to the local peach orchard is planned. Peach Cobbler anyone??

Just finished up PH Golden Sliced in a Cobbler. I like this one just as well if not better than OGS.

Now craving a bowl of CH. I swear tastes and smells as if it's topped with licorice to me. Which got me to thinking how much I enjoyed HU Nashville County before I smoked it all up. PH and Orlik Dark Strong are a couple more with that licorice stick taste I love. Probably better if I posted another thread but has anyone here tried the GH Flakes with licorice? Wish now I'd have tossed in an ounce or two of those on my recent order.

And speaking of GH, I'm going to have another bowl of that Dark Plug later as I'm craving more of that as well.

A long construction delay crossing the river has canceled our orchard plans.

So we headed to the local grocer who was advertising local peaches only to find they made a mistake in their ad and the peaches were from Georgia.

So, this Friday the 13th there will be no peaches in the Cobbler tonight, just baccy.

We'll wait for them to bring the peaches to us at the market tomorrow.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

A long construction delay crossing the river has canceled our orchard plans.

So we headed to the local grocer who was advertising local peaches only to find they made a mistake in their ad and the peaches were from Georgia.

So, this Friday the 13th there will be no peaches in the Cobbler tonight, just baccy.

We'll wait for them to bring the peaches to us at the market tomorrow.
    Tough day so far, Corndog. I'm sure the baccy part will work out for you, though.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.