Page 554 of 557 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 5569

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Greetings everyone. I thought I'd step in from the cornfield to say hi to my PSU friends. Hope everyone is well and good and keeping things smokey. Doing fine here, smoking the usual in the usual - which right now is PH Golden Sliced in a Cobbler - every chance I get which is pretty much all my waking hours. Take care everybody.
    I hope that all is well with you and yours. Good to see your post!
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    I hope that all is well with you and yours. Good to see your post!
    Thanks Russ, we're all good here and hope you and the Mrs. are as well. I'm hoping to drop in more often but it seems every time I say that something comes along and life happens.

My after dinner smoke tonight is DDF in a neked Cobbler, iced sweet tea on the side. This will be my first ever taste of this one. I've had four tins in the cellar for a time now but never opened any. When they went the way of the dodo I just let them sit. Well today I got lucky and found a few more tins at the cob shop so I decided to crack one open and jar it up, minus a bowl or three. Maybe I should say they (MM) got lucky, 'cuz $20 a tin ain't no bargain.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good morning everyone. So last evening's bowl of DDF was quite good. I opened one of the fresh tins I bought yesterday, opting not to disturb what I had cellared. Tin note was bready with a slight sour, stewed fruitiness. The mostly dark flakes were mashed into a brick, moisture level was good, maybe a bit on the wet side but easy enough to peel off a few and rub out. Packed easy in a Cobbler with minimal relights. Smoked well, the first third of the bowl was akin to the tin note, bready and slightly sour and fruity, the best part of the bowl for me. Midway through it lost most of the fruitiness which I love and by bowl's end it was gone, leaving it more earthy than the first third. Overall I enjoyed it very much, enough so I had a 2nd bowl as I sat and watched the fireflys dance in the early evening's darkness. I won't go out of my way to slip back down to the cob shop and secure the last tin I left behind yesterday, but if happens to still be there the next time I drop in it'll surely go home with me.

This morning's first smoke was PH Golden Sliced in - what else - a Cobbler. I enjoyed that on the back deck with my morning coffee. IMHO, and with some age, the PH GS is a step above OGS, or maybe it's because I have a bit more of the PH in the cellar? Could be, but I like it none the less.

I'm about to hit the front deck with another Cobbler, this time packed with PH Curly Block, and more coffee. Some of you may recall the wife, son, and I occupy the 2nd floor of an old house and I didn't always see eye to eye with the neighbors who live on the 1st floor. Well several months back the family of five was reduced to one as the woman took the kids and left her husband behind. This makes for a much more peaceful existence for us all and allows me the luxury of peaceful puffing on all the decks, both up and down, back and front. I now don't have any problem finding the shade no matter what the time of day. And the neighbor left behind? He's more approachable now and much more friendly. I'd like to think he's learned from the experience, but I believe it has more to do with his overall loneliness more than anything.

Have a great day everyone.

Real Name
    Thomas

Good morning, Good people.
    72d9b417338d2fadcb463686f0c2ac73.jpg
    IMG_3315.JPG

Late start today cuz the whole household stayed up to the wee hours.
    Thanks folks for all the nice words about the doc report.
    It's good to see 'dog of the corn' posting again.
    I can resist anything but temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbass View Post
    Good morning, Good people.
    72d9b417338d2fadcb463686f0c2ac73.jpg
    IMG_3315.JPG

Late start today cuz the whole household stayed up to the wee hours.
    Thanks folks for all the nice words about the doc report.
    It's good to see 'dog of the corn' posting again.
    I definitely need a new coffee maker.

Good morning PSU. Things are getting steamy here in the heartland. I can't complain though as we've had it pretty good for the most part this year. Alot of rain which has helped push the flood stages above normal for months now but on the flip side we've had mostly milder temperatures. That's about to change as we're under our first heat advisory for the season.

Smoking PH Golden Sliced in a Cobbler with my morning coffee today. Yesterday I broke in my new bent Emerald with a bowl of Tilbury. I love these Cobblers and with the Christmas in July sale going on I may have to swing by the cob shop again and grab another. I'm just so happy MM opened up the retail shop again which allows me to just pop in and browse the cobs and baccy. Often times what's sold out online is available in the shop. Throw in the unexpected occasional sale and it's damn near heaven. A Cobbler for $20, yes please.

Have a great day everyone.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Afternoon, Cobbers! It's 92F/33.3C with bright sunshine and some puffy white clouds floating along in the sky above out town. Out on the deck under the shade of the table umbrella and smoking a big ol' bowl of Shop Mix in the MM General cobwarden with a tumbler of ice water on the side. how-to-draw-a-cactus-009_1561723894888.jpg
    Russ

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Finishing up the smoking day with a bowl of FVF in the MM Pride with some coffee left in the mug.

MM Missouri Pride.jpg
    Russ

Good morning all. Smoking a FVF/BBF mixture of leftovers in a Diplomat Apple now, my usual morning coffee on the side. Yesterday it was PH Curly Block, SG FVF, BBF, and KP in various Cobblers through out the day. Yesterday's heat kept me inside more than I've been lately. Even with shade at the ready it was a sauna like day. Today and tomorrow promises to be much better weather wise, so say the experts, before it ramps up again for the weekend. The plan is to take advantage of it even if it means nothing more than sitting on my butt out front and watching the hummingbird's that have made a nest in the old maple tree.

Now, I've got a bushel basket of corn to shuck - as in a pile of Cobblers to clean.

Happy smoke rings everyone.

It's been a decent weather day, a little warmer than forecast but nothing to complain about. I came in to fill a Cobbler with PH Curly Block and discovered the wife decided that since it's cooler today she'd fire up the oven and make some lasagna and garlic bread. There's a very good chance I'm going to have heartburn tonight but it's a chance I'll gladly take. Oink!

7446-illustration-of-a-pig-and-pig-out-text-pv.png
    Last edited by Corndog; 07-11-2019 at 20:33.