Page 459 of 459 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459
Results 4,581 to 4,589 of 4589

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a Country Gentleman this afternoon

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Why thank you, Thomas, but certainly you must have me mistaken for someone else. I think a third cob will make a fine little collection. This Washington 5th Ave. will be the smallest and next month I'll order the medium-sized 5th Ave. Diplomat:

Attachment 50399

And get this Forever Stem for it:

Attachment 50400
    That looks a nicely shaped stem, Russ.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

I'll order the medium-sized 5th Ave. Diplomat and get this Forever Stem for it.
    Forever Stem Red.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    That looks a nicely shaped stem, Russ.
    Thanks, Simon. IIRC, Dave at Walker Briar Works used to have a wider range of Forever Stems when he sold the line to the now-defunct Log Cabin Works that just couldn't get the business off of the ground. It was re-acquired by Walker, but with a somewhat slimmer selection. The length of this stem is 4.75 inches and I think the color is really sharp.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Thanks, Simon. IIRC, Dave at Walker Briar Works used to have a wider range of Forever Stems when he sold the line to the now-defunct Log Cabin Works that just couldn't get the business off of the ground. It was re-acquired by Walker, but with a somewhat slimmer selection. The length of this stem is 4.75 inches and I think the color is really sharp.
    The stem blanks used to be purchased from Pipe Maker's Emporium, which is no longer in business. Now, they get their stems from Vermont Freehand. VF has a much more limited selection of styles and colors.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR & RESTORATION

fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    The stem blanks used to be purchased from Pipe Maker's Emporium, which is no longer in business. Now, they get their stems from Vermont Freehand. VF has a much more limited selection of styles and colors.
    Thanks for the info, Anthony, that explains it.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Having a short visit with the Three Friars in the Washington 5th Ave. before heading on in for lunch.
    Russ

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Howdy folks. Hope all is well here at PSU. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and well, I never was very good with curve balls. I've been meaning to stop in and say hi but it looks as if I swung and missed at that as well. But the good news is there's been plenty burning in my cobs. Just like a fast ball right down the middle, taken deep, and touches all the bases. A home run every time.

A lot has changed in the land of pipes and tobaccos since I last stopped by. No more GQ, McClelland is gone, and is Dunhill not far behind?..., just makes me thankful I'm done chasing what to put down deep in the cellar. What I have will surely out live me but of course there are exceptions. After all, a man can never have too much Curly Block.

The weather here in the midwest has been decent of late. A bit stormy and wet at times but for the most part, good porch smoking. I've got a fresh pot of java, a few cobs lined up, and enough CB prepped to get me through tomorrow. I can't ask for anything more.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Howdy folks. Hope all is well here at PSU. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and well, I never was very good with curve balls. I've been meaning to stop in and say hi but it looks as if I swung and missed at that as well. But the good news is there's been plenty burning in my cobs. Just like a fast ball right down the middle, taken deep, and touches all the bases. A home run every time.

A lot has changed in the land of pipes and tobaccos since I last stopped by. No more GQ, McClelland is gone, and is Dunhill not far behind?..., just makes me thankful I'm done chasing what to put down deep in the cellar. What I have will surely out live me but of course there are exceptions. After all, a man can never have too much Curly Block.

The weather here in the midwest has been decent of late. A bit stormy and wet at times but for the most part, good porch smoking. I've got a fresh pot of java, a few cobs lined up, and enough CB prepped to get me through tomorrow. I can't ask for anything more.
    Good to see you back, CD! Life is one helluva pitcher, but I hope we'll get the chance to see you around more often now.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR & RESTORATION

fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Still breaking in the Washington 5th Ave. cob and this time it's PS Proper English. This stock stem is aggravating. The button profile is so small the pipe keeps slipping through my teeth whole clenching. The Forever Stem that I ordered for it will be here on Wednesday.
    Russ