Page 376 of 531 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 5305

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

Real Name
    Thomas

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

A3C6D6C6-843A-4A49-83C8-38A1D915597F_zpsstbqj8xo.jpg

I inadvertently put some OJK in a drying bowl of St Bruno. Now Old Joe is hobbling around saying "Meet the Bishop".
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Back in the workshop again and the temperature is at two degrees above freezing. The very top layer of snow is melting creating a situation where water is on top of frozen snow. I may need ice crampons just to walk around today! While I'm waiting for my neighbors to drive me to make my errands, I decided that I needed another pipe and more coffee. I just haven't had enough vitamin N and Ca. Now smoking more PA from a good stock of it in the General cobwarden.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

I have now suspended anything like work for the rest of the day. I'm worn out. My 82 year old neighbor and I shoveled the short front sidewalks clear of snow/ice earlier and I also did part of our driveway. It's four degrees above freezing with light drizzle and fog, but everything wet will freeze overnight. I don't want the rock salt to wash away, so I'll put that down in the morning. Okay, it's officially started. As a terrific example of Christmas Cheer, two guys (one who was later rumored to be drunk) ended up in a physical confrontation over the same parking spot that was closer to the entrance of the supermarket where the neighbors and I went shopping. The shouting match was rather unimaginative with neither party able to yell out anything more advanced than the rather mundane "you motherf****r" and "f**k you". The shoving match fizzled out, too, when allies from both parties showed up along with store management personnel. Apparently, a parking space closer to the store entrance on a cold, slushy day is worth a public display of one's own personal psychosis. What saner place to be than in me workshop smoking PA in the General cobwarden?
    Last edited by coalsmoke; 12-17-2016 at 18:49.
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Dunhill Ye Olde Signe in a Little Devil Cutty

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Comfortably sitting in the hideout, heater on low, happily smoking away with me PA in the General cobwarden, cold water on the side. Dinner in a half hour.
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    I have now suspended anything like work for the rest of the day.
    I did that first thing this morning. Man, it feels good to do that from time to time.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Ron
    Pipe smoker since
    unsure anymore

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    I have now suspended anything like work for the rest of the day. I'm worn out. My 82 year old neighbor and I shoveled the short front sidewalks clear of snow/ice earlier and I also did part of our driveway. It's four degrees above freezing with light drizzle and fog, but everything wet will freeze overnight. I don't want the rock salt to wash away, so I'll put that down in the morning. Okay, it's officially started. As a terrific example of Christmas Cheer, two guys (one who was later rumored to be drunk) ended up in a physical confrontation over the same parking spot that was closer to the entrance of the supermarket where the neighbors and I went shopping. The shouting match was rather unimaginative with neither party able to yell out anything more advanced than the rather mundane "you motherf****r" and "f**k you". The shoving match fizzled out, too, when allies from both parties showed up along with store management personnel. Apparently, a parking space closer to the store entrance on a cold, slushy day is worth a public display of one's own personal psychosis. What saner place to be than in me workshop smoking PA in the General cobwarden?
    Tis the Season isn't it.......at least nowadays.

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

War Horse Bar in a Little Devil Acorn

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Morning, Cob Crew! It's turned treacherous here with the temperature a few degrees below freezing. A cold rain that fell earlier froze on contact covering every exposed surface with ice. I heard a town truck go by treating our street with saline solution, but they neglected, again, to treat our front sidewalks and driveway. I'm surprised they even bothered with our short street. Laggards! Putting down rock salt will be my chore for this morning. I'll have to add a pair of simple ice crampons for my boots to The List. The workshop is comfortable, though, with the heater blazing away and a bowl of PA in the General cobwarden, fresh coffee on the side.
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Happy frozen Sunday all. It's been an winter-esting few days here in cob country. Ice on Friday made for an interesting evening. Traffic was frozen and/or stuck. 16 kids in a school a few miles north ended up with a sleepover as buses and parents were stuck. Waking up now to - wait for it - a light dusting of snow. Temps are friggin' arctic, 7F now, cold and sunny for today, high in the teens, and then drop to around zero with wind chills around -20.

Ya'll know I'm a PH fan, SPC has restocked and has among other things, more Curly Block&Special, 35 blocks left last I checked.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-to...eter-Heinrich/

Smoking the Block this morning in my RR CobWasp, wool socks are on and hot coffee in my mug.